UWOL #6 "Isopod" by Markus Nord - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:31 AM   #16
Trustee

Markus, you rock, wow this was a great entry!
The TV-concept was to my liking (got an idea from this... hint, hint ;-)

Your underwater filming is very professional and the Isopod was new for me too.

Second what the others already said.

Very good work!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Markus, this was spectacular!
Now I learned something new about the underwater life. Thank you.

Most have been mentioned already, but I liked the whole concept you have. A good story, the "web tv" approach. Well done.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #18
Major Player

Markus
This was nice with a different approach. The colours under water are amazing. Nice job.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #19
Trustee

TOP GUN!!! Marcus, this was incredible. The way you did the story line, a TV Show, like a news documentary. Then the part of preparing to dive and the fantastic UW shots. I have not been diving in many years, but this could send me back. You had the story, video, composition, editing, all was perfectly balanced. And, on top of all that, it was actually educational as well as entertaining. Loved it. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #20
Major Player

Bryce – Thanks for you words Bryce. Yes, that is a whole new world down below the water age. And when you bring you camera down a whole new concept of filming begins.

Per Johan – Thank you, it feels good to get those words from you. Fun that you liked the WebTV concept and I hope that you will do something in a WebTV concept, actual I would like if more players of UWOL would try the WebTV.

Trond – Thanks trond, glad that you learned something new…

Gordon – Thanks Gordon. The light is so important for UW filming, with this new light a new world opened up for me.

Bob – WOW… thanks Bob! That comment made the whole challenge for me… IF I can bring someone back to diving, I really made something special. To make a film that is educational and entertaining is really hard and I’m glad that you thing that I made it.
Diving and education are my thrill in life and I hope that I can continue work with this in the rest of my life.

Markus Nord
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #21
Trustee

Hey Markus.
What were the stats on the dive/dives featured in your film. Depth/Time/Vis etc. Looks like theres some interesting shore diving to be had where you are!
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2007, 12:55 AM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Thompson View Post
Hey Markus.
What were the stats on the dive/dives featured in your film. Depth/Time/Vis etc. Looks like theres some interesting shore diving to be had where you are!
During the first dive we got 5m maxdepth and about 60 minutes bottomtime. The temp was about 6 degrees centigrade and the Vis about 10-15m. During the second dive we had a maxdepth at 12m and 65 minutes bottomtime. DUringt that dive (one week later) the temp was 4 degree and the Vis was about 15m.

During wintertime, when the watertemp drops, the Vis is so much better. On a shore dive at a wooden wreck (the one you can see in the film on my website) in last December we hade 20-25m vis at 18m depth. If you go outside the archepilago, you can get Vis up yo 40-50m during winter time. And a good thing with the Baltic Sea is that we don't got any tides, you can dive at any time of the day.

But the lack of tide is one of the issue with the bad water change in the Baltic Sea and water change with the Atlantic ocean is important for the oxygene level in the sea.

Markus Nord
Markus Nord is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge