UWOL # 6 Nightshift by Bryce Comer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:59 PM   #16
Trustee

Excellent piece of work for your first go at wildlife, and at night too.

a couple of others commented on your voice overs, these are tough to get the hang of but here is what I've learned.

Don't let the music dominate so much, when you are narrating drop the music level down quite a bit. Sometimes it is better to stop and restart the music when the comment is done, so the music helps "Bridge" from one sequence to the next.

Or take it down so that it is just a barely detectable "undercurrent" but don't let it compete with what you have to narrate.

Sometimes it works best to let each type of audio have it's turn and dominate in it's turn. The ambient audio in the scene, the narration, and music.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #17
Trustee

Thanks everyone for all the very constructive feedback.
I have to admit, that i was aware of a lot of the problems in the video, but didn't allow myself enough time for editing after getting back later than expected from a trip interstate. The whole UWOL thing has been a wonderful learning experience for me, & i have learnt so much from every one here. You are all so enthusiastic about wildlife & inspire me to go on & may many more wildlife films. I only hope that i can bring the standard of my future films up to the standards of what so many here can produce.

Many thanks,

Bryce
Bryce Comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #18
Trustee

Bryce, now looky here, last night I enjoyed Norway, and this morning I am "visiting" Australia. A great job of capturing wildlife at night. You must have had a good strong light source for some of those shots. I particularly enjoyed the diversity of wildlife from possum to birds. Also, I think the way the light ran across the title was very effective. Overall, a really great job. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:26 AM   #19
Major Player

Bryce
Well if you can do this good in the dark man look out. For your first I think your off to a good start. As mentioned a few things could be improved but I think that's comes with practice. Really nice piece.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #20
Trustee

A really big thanks to all those who have given me feedback on my film. I really appreciate your comments & will take everything onboard for the next round.

Thank you, & see you in February!

Bryce
Bryce Comer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge