Who are You All? (UWOL) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old December 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #31
New Boot

I'm 39, and been in the Navy for 17 and a half years. I got into video as a hobby and it keeps growing on me. I never really got into narratives so UWOL is a great place to land. I'll try to nail a few films next year!
Chris Eugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #32
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Middleton View Post
Meryem? How many lurkers delurking in February are we up to now? ;)
they are practically starting to out-number the regulars, dang. february should be an interesting month!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #33
Inner Circle

age thing

I do not get on here that often this year!! wish I had more time to do so.

Sense we are doing the age thing, I am 57 years and just entering the second half of my life, mid aged, eh??

things are so much better sense the bolex film age!!!

I can actually afford to film!!! Ok video!! just as good in my book.
Old December 7th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #34
Trustee

Thoughts about the future of my work

In addition to my previous thread, I have some really HOT news to tell you all uwol'ers!
Next year I'm going to do wildlife filming for my living! I will be working 100% with what I'm like best, what a year this gonna be...
I will be working with different projects (a couple of them real big) and some others things which lead me to take the step.
The question for me is: will I be able to join this group as much as I want and will you, dear fellows have me in this group when I gonna be more professional?
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:13 AM   #35
Trustee

Wow Per,
That sounds fantastic! I wish you all the best. I hope you do find the time to keep in touch with all of us here & hopefully enter some challenges in the new year. Your entries have given me inspiration to improve, & can only dream, work hard, & hope that one day i will be able to do what you are about to do!

All the best,

Bryce
Bryce Comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #36
Trustee

Per, what is life without dreams? Go for it, you have the whole world (well, 6 continents) wishing you the best. Heck, after watching your videos this past year of so we are all confident you will be a success. Please keep in touch, even if it is just to show us your rushes. I for one envy you. Take care. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #37
New Boot

That's some news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johan Naesje View Post
!
Next year I'm going to do wildlife filming for my living! I will be working 100% with what I'm like best, what a year this gonna be...
Congratulations on that Per. Well who's next?
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #38
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johan Naesje View Post
In addition to my previous thread, I have some really HOT news to tell you all uwol'ers!
i think i have an idea for a most excellent outside judge brewing....

congratulations, my friend, that's what it's all about, perfecting and honing your craft (well, besides Rule #11...). you have always been an inspiration to this group. and your participation, on any level, whether competing, not competing, judging, or just chatting with us and giving us news from whatever remote location you are in, will always be welcome....
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #39
Major Player

Per, if you don't mind me asking, how did it happen? What triggered the interest, the offer, the move up? Did your work here have anything to do with it?

Congratulations Per. You just got called up to the big leagues.
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #40
Trustee

Congratulation to you PJ.
Follow your dream my friend, it's well deserved and I wish you good luck and all the best for the future. I guess you will be pretty bussy working on different project, but please do remember, you have some great friends here at Uwol :)
And I hope you get some sparetime for visiting Runde in the Spring?
There are some awesome Puffins waiting for you.

Best wishes.
Geir Inge
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #41
Trustee

I'm a 34 year old lost soul who finds happiness, escape, and security in filming. It is contests like UWOL that have given me some precious memories both on film and off. We were able to complete two of the challenges and had a great deal of fun attempting two others. On the "Night" themed challenge we witnessed the seemingly supernatural powers of desert darkness and the unknown forces, something never to be forgotten. It is not always about the contest itself, but the emotion and memories created during.....sometimes those are worth many times more than the prizes and recognition.
Old December 7th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #42
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
when is your birthday, bruce? we'll have to have a little cake and candles or something...then we can say that our MVP (Most Venerable Player) is in his 70s, woo hoo...

not that i'm trying to push you along or anything!
September 10th 1938
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #43
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner View Post
On the "Night" themed challenge we witnessed the seemingly supernatural powers of desert darkness and the unknown forces, something never to be forgotten. It is not always about the contest itself, but the emotion and memories created during.....sometimes those are worth many times more than the prizes and recognition.
my boy marco has it...the real value of this contest is in becoming one with the planetary magic...winning, schminning. anyone who has managed even one poetic moment like marco just described has already won the damn thing, in advance. congratulations on your big win, marco, you didn't even have to finish to land the biggest prize of them all....there's a reason we call them "tales of wonder and woe..."

i just love the desert...

and bruce, you just celebrated recently. now we hafta wait another year for your big bash! ah, we'll get there.
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #44
Inner Circle

Per,

congratulations, I can think of no one that deserves it more than you do!!

As others have stated, I hope you can still be involved. you have truly been an inspiration.

I am more or less retired as of today. More time for everything, particularly filming.
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Jumping in late here but hope to get into UWOL contests next year. Im 28 and working as a fulltime cameraman and Mac editor. Nature photography was (and still is) my passion and am branching out to macro video with my H1.

Am so glad I am here with so many like-minded ppl.

Cheers

WeeHan
Yeo Wee Han is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge