DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   One night in Hattah Kulkyne National Park (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/111799-one-night-hattah-kulkyne-national-park.html)

Bryce Comer January 7th, 2008 03:58 AM

One night in Hattah Kulkyne National Park

Hi guys,
I've just updated my very outdated website, & put a couple of videos there of a trip i made up to the north west corner of Victoria. In all i drove about 1400 klms there & back & only spent about 16hrs there before heading back. The main problem was that it was 42deg C & stupid me didn't bother to put beer in the esky!
Thanks to everyone for the inspiration to go & do something like this. I had a ball & i think i even got some nice shots.
Hope you enjoy them. Here is the link: http://web.aanet.com.au/Beach_to_Ber...es/Page423.htm

Bryce

David Gemmell January 7th, 2008 05:36 AM

Beautifully Filmed

Hi Bryce,

Yes, I can understand your excitement about Hattah - it really is a beautiful spot (I filmed my first UWOL entry there), although it is quite a hike as you say.

I am truly amazed at the degree of footage you got for such a short stay. Also to get so close to so much birdlife was remarkable!

I watched your film and could recall almost all the spots you filmed from. It brought back some lovely memories of me filming in the winter with my son.

Bryce, I think you should be very proud of these short films. They are shot with such a high degree of professionalism and a lovely overall soothing feel - which suits my style also. Thanks for the opportunity - I think we are going to see some amazing films from you in UWOL 2008. Can't wait.

All the very best, David

Catherine Russell January 7th, 2008 02:19 PM

Wow Bryce:

What a treat! We've been sitting here in uncharacteristically gray skies, below normal temperatures along with mud and snow. Your site is wonderfully inviting and what exotic sights to behold! Thanks for whisking me away for a minute or two.

Cat

Trond Saetre January 8th, 2008 04:52 AM

Bryce, that must have been a great trip!
You made very good films of that exotic landscape.
Thank you for sharing!
How did you manage to drive back home again after staying such a short time? Must have been hard to leave that place.

Geir Inge January 8th, 2008 05:28 AM

Great videos Bryce.
It took a while downloading, but it was worth waiting :)
Have you tried the Sorenson Squeeze prg for compression?
Expensive, but worth the money.
Another tip is to upload or put your videos in the Under Water, Over Land tread, and you will probably get more viewers and comments on your videos.

Only one thing, I wish I could go to your place and do some videoing, it sure look like a nice place for a wildlife film maker.

All the best
Geir Inge

PS
I've sent you a mail/question.

Bryce Comer January 9th, 2008 05:33 AM

Thank you all for your enthusiasm to my website. It is all your work that has enspired me to do this stuff & try to emulate what you are all able to do. I will be trying to do a lot more of this sort of stuff in the future, & with that in mind, i have just signed up with another webhost. This one will have a lot more room for video, so i will be able to put a lot more video on it. It should be up and running in about 1/2 an hour if all goes well, & i will then be adding to it as time goes by. The Website is www.beachtoberg.com & that reminds me, i guess i should go & update my profile here on the forum!

Happy filming.

Bryce

Dale Guthormsen January 10th, 2008 08:11 AM

Bryce,

Very nice!!! the amount of wildlife you managed to capture in such a short time is amazing!!!

I really liked the rack focus on the spider web.

some very fine compisitions

the Moon in the back ground was great.

what are you shooting with?

Bryce Comer January 11th, 2008 01:42 AM

Hi Dale,
Yeah, the rack focus of the spider web is my favorite shot as well. I guess being out around dusk, & then getting up an hour before sunrise helped with finding all that wildlife, however, throughout the latter parts of the morning before i left, there were still plenty of birds around. It really is a special place!
As for the gear i'm using, i shot that stuff with my XH A1. Some of the shots i used a Raynox 1.8x tele-extender. With the tele on, the tripod lacks a bit of stability & i'm hoping to invest in a better tripod in the next couple of months, hopefully before the next challenge.

Bryce

Janis Williams January 14th, 2008 06:32 AM

Hi Bryce,

Yeah It is a special place. I have fond memories of feeding kangaroos and watching a water rat wash himself just a few metres from our campsite there in 1975 :) It has amazing birdlife yes?

You have captured it beautifully.

(Do me a favour pop up to the Gibb River area and make another one ;) - I love that place )

Meryem Ersoz January 14th, 2008 10:09 AM

bryce, you really have a heart for the critters! lots of fun to watch your stuff and see animals that i don't ever see in these parts...

Bryce Comer January 15th, 2008 01:07 AM

Thanks all,
I hope i can come up with something for the coming round! I have also got a new website up & running. Not much more on it as yet, but i hope to get more stuff posted as i make it! The link is www.beachtoberg.com

Bryce