UWOL 2.0 Website Launches...Check It Out! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old January 21st, 2008, 10:39 AM   #1
Wrangler

UWOL 2.0 Website Launches...Check It Out!

After many weeks of hard work, your UWOL team is happy to announce that our new website has gone live, just in time for our sign-up session, which will begin January 24. You will still sign-up here, but our new website will include some cool new features, intended to keep things rockin' even between Challenge rounds. Check it out at www.uwolchallenge.com

New features include:

- Beautiful new design and lay-out which will let new players and browsers understand exactly what UWOL is all about!

- Better visibility for our sponsors...they now get front-row seats at our party, with a banner on the front page. Remember if you click-through the sponsor's banner on our webpage and make a purchase at the sponsor's site, you will be supporting UWOL, who will get a "finder's fee" for the purchase. So get out there, people, and start purchasing Gates Housings (or Ewa-Marine splash bags, if you need to go cheap...) from Joe Holley at Marine Visions. He is a great resource and is always available to answer your questions, if you want to get started dunking your camera.

- our spanky new uploader, which will eliminate the hassle of FTP. When you're ready to upload, you will just click on the "Upload my entry" link on the Home page, push a few buttons, and voila!

- an interactive news section on the Home page--this will allow us to post news announcements, featured production diaries, guest editorials by professional shooters, and all kinds of new features, in addition to our usual DVinfo chatterings and natterings.

- Featured filmmaker profiles
Anyone who completes 3 or more UWOL films is invited to participate in our featured filmmaker forum. Every time you click on this page, you will see a new face and brief bio. We are still waiting for some of our "featured filmmakers" to submit info and hope that now you will be inspired to send that stuff in!

- Enhanced Winner's Circle
Now you can get a little bit of backstory directly from the award-winning producers--and leave your comments

- Complete Interactivity!
Every section of our new website has places for you to leave comments, so if you want to comment on Kevin's snappy white balaclava look, here is your chance!

We hope that the new site will help attract new players to our game, enhance the ease-of-use for our existing players, and help solidify our presence on the web as the planet's most active nature and outdoors shooting contest. And give the best interactive community on the planet yet another place to play!

Thanks to Mat for his amazing persistence, hard work, and great design eye. And to Kevin for backing him up--those guys fell out of the sky to make this contest better than I ever could have alone. I could not have anticipated such an awesome, collaborative set of teammates (and good friends!) in advance. They make the hard work into so much fun.

Also, big thanks to Chris Hurd...we're no longer squatting here at DVinfo, we are home here at last. Our new website is now officially migrated to the DVinfo servers, so he is supplying the web hosting and bandwidth for our contest.

And to the players, dust off your wetsuits, dig out your balaclavas, and start charging those batteries! Check out the new website, and get ready to rumble!

Sign-ups commence January 24. Theme announcement is February 1.

And I promise an easy, fun one for all! I can tighten the screws later!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:19 AM   #2
Wrangler

p.s.

A quick note on "signing up" at the new site to...basically as people leave their first comment they will create a profile on our system, and you're in. Easy!
Old January 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Meryem.
What a great web page - It's fabulous!
Another great job done by some fantastic clever uwol people :)

Geir Inge
Old January 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Two Thumbs Up -- looking good, Meryem!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Major Player

You are an exceptionally talented team of people. Well done - this is a web site to be proud of! just love it.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Trustee

Wow, what a good looking site! I'm totally speechless about the great job you're done.

Fantastic work, looking forward to the upcoming challenge too :-)

Last edited by Per Johan Naesje; January 21st, 2008 at 04:57 PM.
Per Johan Naesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM   #7
Inner Circle

The new website is looking really good!
Great job!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Trustee

Meryen, I sent in my profile and picture. Did it ever get to you guys> Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Wrangler

hi bob: i have not seen it, but my original e-mail requested that you send your info on directly to mat, so that he could post it...the fastest way to post it would be for you to re-send it to his e-mail address. he's pretty speedy at getting these things online.

mat, any chance you have a look and see if bob's bio got overlooked in the shuffle?

we have been passing around a ton of info in the past 2 months, it has been a challenge to stay on top of it all.

we were hoping to wow you guys a bit, thanks for the feedback, send us some comments so that we can get you all activated.

also...if any of you players have ideas for front-page stuff, shoot me an e-mail and we'll hook you up as guest editor. we're thinking of things like product reviews, production diaries, other contests that may be related to the kind of shoooting we do...any ideas that you think might serve our community.
Old January 21st, 2008, 08:51 PM   #10
Major Player

Awesome absolutely awesome...what a team you guys make.

Brian
Brian McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
mat, any chance you have a look and see if bob's bio got overlooked in the shuffle?
Same here, I sent my profile info to Mat last week of December, but I can't see it on the website.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM   #12
Trustee

Awsome!
You know, when you read the many posts here, & the "featured filmakers" inspirations & blogs on the new website, i would have to say that all the members here are earthy, genuine, wonderful people with a passion for nature & wildlife. The design of the new website in my opinion reflects that perfectly!
Well done to all involved with the design.

Bryce
Old January 22nd, 2008, 02:25 AM   #13
Major Player

AWESOME!!!! good job! I can't wait for sign up...
I'm packing my bags and head out for a short dive... need to trim my skills for UC7.
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 05:59 AM   #14
Trustee

The profiles are totally random so you may see the same profile pop up several times or you may see a different one every time.

You can always relaod the page to see the different ones.

For some reason yesterday Cat's profile was coming up almost every time. :)

If it's not up it might have gotten misplaced in the mad dash to get all the scripts up and running flawlessly. Might not hurt to send it to Mat again just incase.

I think Mat outdid himself on this project!

He put in allot of sweat to get it just right!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM   #15
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback View Post
The profiles are totally random so you may see the same profile pop up several times or you may see a different one every time.

You can always relaod the page to see the different ones.

For some reason yesterday Cat's profile was coming up almost every time. :)
True, I checked this morning, and Cat's, Geir Inge's and Meryem's profiles came up almost all the time.
But after reloading the page constantly for about 5 minutes, I gave up, so I guess mine is hiding somewhere in the big cyberworld.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge