Tales of Wonder and Woe: UWOL #7 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old February 12th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #76
Major Player

Meryem, wait till you get into the teens. You think your patience are at their limits now?
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #77
Regular Crew

Well this is fun, I'm well into editing now, but can't seem to drop it under 3m 8s. Also, there are of course a couple shots I wish I could get my "actor" to repeat and that's not going to happen. Ohh well, I'll make the best short out of it I can, at least the fun isn't lacking.

Some of the nature stills that get put up are breathtaking, I wish I lived in an area more suited to that type of shooting. I have the beach here and no water gear to play with so I stayed close to home for this one.
Adrinn Chellton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #78
Major Player

Good going Adrinn.I dont even have a plan yet....Oh well ,will get off my butt and get out later this week.In all the other challenges I competed in I had completed filming and editing within a few days.Think I need to put work off for a bit and get out and play with my camera again
John Dennis Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #79
Trustee

More woe than wonder

Hi all,
Well my plan A has totally fallen off the rails. Now i need to go with plan B. I will be flying out of Melbourne Australia in about 14 hours from now, heading for Canada. Sure will be an adventure! Just hope i can put something together before the deadline. Sounds like some others have got their act together & still others like me have some catching up to do!
Good luck to all,
Bryce
Old February 13th, 2008, 03:33 AM   #80
Trustee

Hi Bryce, sorry to hear about your plan A failed, but I'm sure your plan B will be great and Canada is a great country for wildlife filming.
Today I've packed my bags and we're ready to go on our winter hollidays in the mountains. It will be a great experience and something diffeent from what I'm used to - living by the sea. But I'm worried about the weather though, promissing heavy snowstorms, but there may be a slight stop in the snowfall on friday. At home it's +10C, in the mountains -10C. Never the less, here we go from the shore on to the mountains and close to the area where Pers Musk Ox live :) That'll be an adventure in it self.

Geir Inge
Old February 13th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #81
Trustee

Wow Geir,
That sounds awsome! From Sea to Summit. Sounds like Per Johan's round 1 entry don't you think? I've been to Canada once before for my friends wedding but that was in Summer. Then there was lots of wildlife around, not sure what i will see in winter yet, suffice to say, i'll be out there looking for it that's for sure! Hope your trip goes well, & that you have a nice time with your family.

All the best,

Bryce
Old February 13th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #82
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir Inge View Post
...Never the less, here we go from the shore on to the mountains and close to the area where Pers Musk Ox live :) That'll be an adventure in it self.

Geir Inge
Geir Inge,
how exciting to know that you maybe will get some shoots of the muskox!? I'll cross my fingers for you. The weather in those mountains often change very rapidly so take care!

Well, as you might have guessed my entry for this round will be about the Golden Eagle. All footage of this majestic bird of prey is on my computer, lucky me!
I need to shoot some more to make up my story, which I gonna do this weekend.
Good luck to everybody!
Old February 13th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #83
Trustee

Per: This is sounding like an awe inspiring entry! Mat is very jealous indeed :-) I may well have a bird of prey entry myself but thats all I'll say for now ;-) !
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #84
Inner Circle

Per,

Great pictures of one of my favorite raptors. My entry has an old Hagard Golden coming in to rob/kill a falcon of its kill, but we managed to move it off before killing the falcon, so I included it in my story.

I have it edited down to 2:59 seconds of mostly continious action. Now I have to decide if I want to run a narative with it!!!

This round has been great as I have been able to do what I like doing best.

Being we have such a short window it may not be my best footage, but it will tell the story, and it assuredly is an adventure.

dale
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #85
Trustee

Blimey, is this Golden Eagle month or something......fab stuff guys !
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #86
Trustee

Hello Anne Kari!

Not submitting this round? Are you sure? Hang in there friend. Meryem wooed us into thinking that the first theme would ease us in a bit, but as it turns out, even though we are all out there having great adventure.... adventure as a theme is kind of tough to get your arms around in a 3-min film. It sounds like Per is back, and what a beautiful adventure he has under his belt! Perhaps with all of his good fortune he will be in a good mood and happy to support you a little in getting something in? Just something to get your feet wet? Meryem will be delighted as will the rest of us. It could be a works in progress.... or part of an idea or inspiration. The UWOL gang loves to give feedback and will give you a shot in the arm for the next go around. Either way hang tough and get used to that camera! We need to be doers not watchers in the UWOL community!

All the best,

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #87
Trustee

May as well post my wonder and woe while I'm at it ...

This time, the woe and wonder go hand in hand! My woe is that I shot this movie with both a concussion and the flu. It was a real hoot, but it would have been an all out crow if I had felt better. I've discovered that to be up for "saving planet earth" you need to be in good health (wink, wink).

The wonder of it all is that I somehow I made it through in one piece and will get something in. It's complete, but I'm sitting on it for a day or so to keep a promise to Mat and Kevin that I'm attempting to turn over a new leaf in 2008 and not have those pesky tweaked re-loaded versions for them to sort out. It just goes to show that we don't always have to be on the couch licking our wounds.... sometime when the chips are down, we do have the resources to get out there and do something!

Looking forward to EVERYONE'S FILM!

Cato

P.S. Interesting weather for shooting this round huh Meryem? And as per your request, the farm isn't in sight on this one! Well, mostly anyway!

Last edited by Catherine Russell; February 13th, 2008 at 06:31 PM.
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #88
Trustee

I am heading into the shark tank. Without Disney involved, I can't come up with an adventure themed video that doesn't require some sort of story or narrative of some kind. "Adventure" has left me without a clue.

We have lots of Turkey Buzzards and Hawks that hang out in my community. With a decent breeze they like to just hang out over the golf course, probably waiting for some of the older golfers to die of frustration so they can pick the bones clean.

I know there is a story line in there somewhere, but I can't come up with one.
Old February 13th, 2008, 04:13 PM   #89
Major Player

I just came back from my adventure. I met up with one of my best friend and we drove south of Stockholm (capital of Sweden). We finally arrived at a broken bedrock ridge that has created big and small cave systems, some of them are flooded and this is where my adventure begins. Tomorrow I’ll edit up the video and record the VO.

looking forward too all of yours videos... and Steven, do you got a dog our something that you can create a story around, exploring the backyard or some thing...good luck.
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #90
Trustee

Hi Steven:

A bit confused... what's wrong with requiring a story or narrative? Shoot (with film that is) those buzzards over the golf course..... sounds like an adventure to me....

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge