DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Tales of Wonder and Woe: UWOL #7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/113789-tales-wonder-woe-uwol-7-a.html)

Kevin Railsback February 2nd, 2008 01:13 PM

Tales of Wonder and Woe: UWOL #7

This is the place to let us know about your trials and tribulations. How things are going and how things have not.

Sounds like ideas are starting to form and people are starting to venture towards their shooting adventure.

Geir Inge February 2nd, 2008 11:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went out today trying to catch some nice cutaways and a blizzard.
The blizzard won!
I had no chance, what so ever to catch it on tape.
My camera don't like snow or water :)
Two pics from my tour though.
Nr 1 is view to my wifes homeplace.
Nr 2 is view into a valley where the deer live in the winter. Just look at the paths, spreading around.

All though I have an idea for my adventure video.
Working title is "Following Elisabeth", hehe...

Geir Inge

Brian McKay February 3rd, 2008 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello All:

My adventure will be to keep from freezing while I film my adventure....me trying to stay warm. Isn't my hat great.....the pin is to keep the flap from falling in my eyes LOL.

Good thing it's not a "look who's cool" contest.....

Brian

Per Johan Naesje February 4th, 2008 04:34 AM

The Adventure start - countdown start T-24 hours

Today is my big Adventure start. I'm still sitting at the launch pad, gear and other equipment need a final cleaning and finish.
It will be a point of no return, when the vehicle has launched!

Marj Atkins February 4th, 2008 04:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had the most amazing FUN adventure this weekend!
While it is probably old hat for some of you, I had the opportunity and privilege to do something I have never done before but have had on my mind to do for over a year now - to get a bird’s eye view of things (with a specific target).
It was an awesome experience and one which I shall savour for a long time to come.
Thanks Meryem for your theme that gave the incentive to get on and do it!

Marj Atkins February 4th, 2008 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops sorry - my pic needed to be a jpg!

Per Johan Naesje February 4th, 2008 04:53 AM

Marj, wow that was an amazing picture! Can't wait to view your finished footage of this. Bird view footage hasn't been screened in the challenge so far AFAK!

Jurgen Geevels February 4th, 2008 06:01 AM

think i'll wait for the next challenge, haven't got a mail from this anyway
and nothing really cool in the surroundings aswell :>

Bryce Comer February 4th, 2008 06:03 AM

One day adventure

Well, i've settled on an adventure to base my film on. Probably old hat to many here in the UWOL family, but something i've never done, so i am pretty excited about it. The main problem i faced with coming up with a plan for this theme was the fact that i only have one full day free to come up with something before i head over to Canada for a month of skiing with a very good buddy of mine. I'll try to upload some pics as soon as i've been on my "adventure"

Bryce

Bryce Comer February 4th, 2008 06:08 AM

Come on Jurgen,
Get those creative juices flowing, i know there's some mountains in Belgium & i for one would love to see them!! Or anything else for that matter! I think this is the best part of these challenges, the fact that you have to get out there & try something different sometimes to get something to upload. Every experience will be one that we will all learn from.

Regards,

Bryce

Mat Thompson February 4th, 2008 07:02 AM

Jurgen - I think you'll certainly get the award for the quickest swim with the sharks in uwol history. Come On...get stuck in !

Mountains in Belgium.....have I missed something :-)

Vegard Paulsen February 4th, 2008 07:24 AM

Sounds like some of you allready got your plans to start filming :)
The other part of the contestants, including me are still looking for that adventure to shoot. Hehe

Hopefully i'll get one of my ideas realised before the 22.
Good luck to everybody !

Marj Atkins February 4th, 2008 07:48 AM

Jurgen - you will only get the mail once people are ready to upload.
Try getting onto a train and see what surprises turn up.
There is an amazing butterfly garden and bird 'sanctuary' near Catzand that I visited a few years ago. Check them out. I know this is nature in captivity but its a start anyway!

Marj Atkins February 4th, 2008 08:12 AM

Thanks Per. The limited space certainly made it difficult to manoevre my XL2 around. With the earphones and goggles my view of the screen was severly hampered so a lot was done on a wish and a prayer! (It is so windy in that environment that any field monitor would have been blown clean away!) I will know better next time and be better prepared for some of theses issues.

Markus Nord February 4th, 2008 08:33 AM

Marj… really cool with the birdview. Last April I was filming out thro a small airplane with my XL2, the cockpit was so small that I couldn’t move my camera around without hitting the pilot in the head. But I got the picture I wanted so in the end the job was done. Good luck with you aerial filming. Looking forward to view the result.

Markus