UWOL 7 Operation Killer Duck by Cat Russell - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old February 26th, 2008, 02:53 AM   #16
New Boot

Very nice...

...Catherine! Great story. And fun!

Espen
Espen Skjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Russell View Post

OK Rob, "pace" meaning???? Ms. Slick would know what you are talking about, but outside the film, she turns back into Cat who might need clarification on a point or two ;-).
Hey Cat, no probs, it's a bit of a drama term I guess (I run a theatre co. with some friends in my spare time too!!) to describe the speed at which the action proceeds. Too much pace and the audience gets confused, too little and they want things to happen faster. I just felt it needed a smidgen more of the latter ;-) But again, thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable film ;-)
Rob Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 05:40 AM   #18
Trustee

Holy Moses!
You are some Lady, Catherine :)
I have to show this to my wife as soon as she's back from work today.
Your story is as usually great and so is your way of editing together a ful time movie in just 3 min :)
The plot is like drawn out of Hollywood, but you can always tell this is a Catherine film. You put your own mark on it, and that my friend, I hope you will continue to do in the future as well. The climbing scenes are fantastic.
Maybe the text is a bit difficult to read alongside, but not necessary to understand your story. I'm sitting here in Norway, smiling a little bit, thinking of you. Sitting there in USA, maybe by the kitchen or livingroom table, planning these stories of yours. I'll bet you have a great time :)

Congratulation on yet another good film.

All the best
Geir Inge
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:13 AM   #19
Major Player

Hi Cat,

Well, our friendly judge is gonna like this one - being a rock climber and all!
I just love how the farm animals end up in your films - using those wonderful After Effects skills of yours.

You certainly looked like you were enjoying yourself - although this may have detracted from the exhaustive mission of saving the world from the killer duck! Maybe some facial expressions that conveyed the gravity of the situation - rather than those beautiful smiles as you "cruised" up the mountain! Like others, I too would have liked to have seen the sweat, the falling rocks, the terror on your face, the tears running down your face at the thought of loosing your loved ones to the killer duck!

On a less dramatic note, the whole adventure was a lot of fun and a pleasure as always to watch.

You and your husband are a very talented (and mad) couple - much like Markus with his cave diving adventures.

I ALWAYS enjoy the wonderful spirit you convey in your movies, and this was no exception. Well done.
David Gemmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM   #20
Major Player

Brilliant! Cat
Dont know where you found time to do this,Im sure working with James Bond, Johnny Quest and Batman take up most of your time.As always your video always entertains me.What you needed for this was a platform a bit longer than 3 min......Cant fault anything on this video,I know you like to get feedback critical or not,but if this was my work I would be more than happy with it.
John Dennis Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #21
Trustee

Hey Cat....Well you certainly always bring us something different and creative, ask for adventure and Cat will bring it in bucket loads and make you smile at the same time! Great stuff and nice pacing throughout, although I'd have liked a bit more of the climb itself, and some climb it looked too!....difficult filming I guess.

Great stuff!
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #22
Trustee

Hi everyone:

Thank you all so much for the time and energy to watch and give feedback. I respect you all so very much I'm always listening to what you have to say.

Rob: Thanks for explaining :). May I say that you honestly seem to be one of those rare kinds of people that can do many things extremely well! And to add to it all, you are just so up beat and good natured about it all! I'm so glad to brush up against you Rob... even though you are an ocean away!

David: Friend, I often feel like you are gently pushing me to push the envelop just like you would do with your own sons. Thank you! You have a great point! Smiling may not have been the most appropriate thing to be doing saving planet earth! Not only are you coaching me on film, now it's acting too ;-). Problem is, I don't even realize I'm doing that... it just sort of is there!

Geir: Thanks guy! I'm thrilled you enjoyed this. But I must say that the beginning text is really important to the story. I hate these small formats that make text difficult to read! Meryem had trouble too. Just for kicks, if you happen to see it again view the larger version given with the link above so you catch the text.... and if you really want to be in on all the inside jokes read the opening to my thread. It explains all the play on words that only the locals (like Meryem) would pick up on. Thanks for the input Geir!

Mat: I am honored that you enjoyed this. That means everything!

Thanks again everyone.... I'm still plugging away at these awesome films, one by one!

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Hi Catherine,

Really enjoyed your film and was very impressed with all the graphics. Was fun and put together well. Great end shot with the egg too!

Mihali
Mihali Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #24
Major Player

Hi Cat

You must bee a a real adventure women,you is great in this mointan.
And your film was realy nice,special the the intro I like.Nice to
see your work Cat.

VJV.

Old February 26th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #25
Trustee

Hi Espen, Vidar, John Dennis and Mihali:

You all have really neat sounding names! Thanks for the kind words and feedback. I sincerely appreciate the watch and your take on this silly little clip.

John Dennis: You made me laugh with the comment about having my time filled up with working along side Johny Quest, Bat Man and James Bond. Bless you! You could read the typing! I long for those clear, sharp close ups!

Mihali: I thought you would be the type of person to key into the map graphics. Your film about the black panther makes you look quite studious and knowledgeable about scientific things. My husband works in GIS and creates those kind of graphics. I'll let him know you picked up on that!

Vidar: Your English is very much improved! I have noticed that all of the Viking group has honed their second language quite well over the course of the last year. Still, don't improve too much, I find your "accent" wonderful! ;-).

Cat
Old February 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #26
Major Player

Great show, Cat. Only you could make a mallard look sinister!
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #27
Major Player

Cat, for sheer enjoyment this has to be at the top of the heap! The energetic pace of the music, fast-flowing action and imaginative interpretation of the theme just left me shaking my head and chuckling throughout the day. You are very talented when it comes to throwing together a story. This was such a fun movie. Thanks for putting it together. Good for the soul.

Oh Yes . . . An Oscar nomination for Mabel the duck for her very convincing portrayal of the killer duck’s mum. !!!
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #28
Trustee

Thanks Marj!

Coming from you that means a lot. I'll tell Mabel... she will be so pleased you approved of her performance ;-).

Cato
Old February 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #29
Major Player

Catherine, this week I have JUST the flu and I can barely reach up from the floor to this keyboard. It also feels like someone stuffed a football in my ear. No idea how you guys did what you did feeling well, never mind not.

Nice work, entertaining. Congrats
Eric Gulbransen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #30
Trustee

Wow Cat, what a great story line, and filled with great memories. Who could ever forget "Mission Impossible", even if you left out the self destruct. Also, I knew that was Long's Peak. Lived in Denver for years in the 1970's and worked at Rocky Mt. summer of '75. Was it really that long ago. Anyway, thanks for great video and thanks for the memories. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge