Send your good vibes to Brian and the Rankin Inlet Community... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:28 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi Brian,

I hope everything gets back to normal for you tomorrow with the new generator. Keep warm!

Ruth
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM   #17
Major Player

Finally I can say that life here in the north has returned to normal....well my normal that is. The new generator is operating as it should the old ones should be repaired soon so we will have a backup should this sort of thing happen again.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts believe me it did help us make our way through this situation.

Congratulations to the winners of UWOL # 7....i hope to view all the films over the next little while.

I'll be around a little more often now.... LOL

Brian
Brian McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #18
Trustee

Hey Brian:

Welcome Back! We missed you. Glad to hear you are O.K. Keep in touch, friend... we were worried!

Cato
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:20 AM   #19
Trustee

Brian,
Great job to get your video done in the time you had, & under the conditions you were having at the time leading up to this round. I loved the helmet cam shots, makes me wonder how the heck they stay on those things! Or was that you on on of them? Great camera work considering the temps you've been experiencing up there. The hands must have been totally frozen by the end of it.

Bryce
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:02 AM   #20
Major Player

Hello Bryce:

To me the most important rule in the challenges is number 11....have fun. I've had the helmet camera for a while, I was using a cheap camera to record the video to tape. But just before number 7 I picked up a small DVR it's built like a brick....machined aluminum case, records to 8gig cards Mpeg2. So far the tests with it have been going very well...I can't wait for the lakes to open....it's completely water proof (so they tell me) said with fingers crossed.

No that was not me on the chase machine....way to many broken bones and birthdays have come and gone for me to climb on the racing machines. Most recent was a little over a year ago.... dislocated shoulder, broken collar bone and broken shoulder blade....I now beep at security when I fly.

Yep we damn near froze all of us.

Brian
Brian McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:17 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Take care Brian. Hope everyone around you are fine and coping well.

Cheers

WeeHan
Yeo Wee Han is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge