DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   And the winner of UWOL #7 is... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/116317-winner-uwol-7-a.html)

Jonathan Copp March 4th, 2008 03:45 PM

And the winner of UWOL #7 is...

I’m honored to be a part of the UWOL challenge this time ‘round. As the Director of the Boulder Adventure Film Festival, I see hundreds upon hundreds of world class adventure films. And I'm pleased to say I was impressed with the production quality and creativity of these adventure entries.

MY SELECTIONS
1st place: Eagle has Landed (beautiful boom work, scenery and a simple but elegant adventure biography. all the pieces worked together and it had a beginning, middle and end).

2cnd: Impact (love the voice behind the scene, adventurous aspect with flying, nice stable air shooting and an interesting natural story)

3rd: Tempus Fugit (absolutely cool. top notch time lapses. a little shy on adventure, but beautiful)

Kevin Railsback March 4th, 2008 04:00 PM

Whoo Hooo!

Congrats to Per on being the first to take home top honors twice!!!

Marj, just think of what glory could have been bestowed upon you last year if you hadn't of lurked all these months! :-) Awesome job!

Rob, I hope you slow down for at least a minute now to enjoy the accolades! :)

Congrats to all three of you!!!

Rob Evans March 4th, 2008 04:12 PM

I love that moment of suspense, hovering over that "and the winner is" thread before clicking and taking a deep breath. I really enjoyed this round, and from the results it looks like everyone else did too ;-) Congrats Per and Marj, great entries there - and thanks Jonathan for making sense of it all!
Here's to April, when I get the chance to meet some of those Vikings in the flesh ( perhaps could do an entry on the filming habits of an average viking UWOL'er?? :-)

Cheers!

Rob

Carl Middleton March 4th, 2008 04:35 PM

Congrats to all of you three. Well deserved. :)

Eric Gulbransen March 4th, 2008 04:46 PM

What a great deal. Per, you guys deserve all the credit you get for this work.

Marj, superhuman. I hope you're proud.

Rob, congrats.

I have to say though, Steve, and your alligators - you guys got hosed. Shake it off and come back stronger.. (nah, you know what? Strike that. Just come back. DON'T come back stronger)

Congrats to EVERYONE. And thanks for the welcome

Bob Thieda March 4th, 2008 04:50 PM

Three excellent choices....congrats to all....

Frankly I don't know how Johnathon could make a choice...there were a good half dozen that could have won...

Bob T.

Victor Wilcox March 4th, 2008 10:07 PM

Great chioces for winners. Keep up the great work. Way to go!

John Dennis Robertson March 4th, 2008 11:36 PM

Congrats to all 3 of you, all were great entries.

Markus Nord March 5th, 2008 12:42 AM

Congrats Per, Marj and Rob... well done!

Marj Atkins March 5th, 2008 01:08 AM

Wow - that's amazing. Congrats Per and Rob.
Thanks Jonathan for taking time out to review all our movies. I'm glad I 'm not the one who had to make the choice.

Adrinn Chellton March 5th, 2008 02:03 AM

Congratulations to Per, Marj and Rob, those were some pretty sweet films.

You guys deserved the wins!

And thanks for your time Jonathan, judging is hard work.

Paul Mailath March 5th, 2008 03:43 AM

I think they were all great films - those three certainly stand out though - well done to everyone and roll on April!!!!

Geir Inge March 5th, 2008 05:32 AM

Congrats to the 3 of you !

Hat's off for Jonathan.
Very good choice though I guess it's hard times being a judge these days :)

Geir Inge

Per Johan Naesje March 5th, 2008 07:46 AM

Thanks very much and congrats to all others!

I'm very honored to win this round, particularly because of the high level for many of the films. I'm happy not to be the judge picking the 3 winners

Thanks Jonathan for picking me as the winner!

Meryem Ersoz March 5th, 2008 07:46 AM

congratulations, per. you really put together the complete package this round, i thought.

and congrats to the top finishers...some great films in the round and some tough competition.

and thanks to everybody for a great start to the year...

oh and! a shout-out to our partner, Chris Hurd at DVinfo and our sponsor, Marine Visions, for supporting our little addiction...remember if you click-through the Marine Visions ad banner and buy yourself a big fat Gates housing (or anything else for that matter), UWOL benefits. help keep your contest alive and breathing without supplemental oxygen....