DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #8 Theme Announcement...Ch-ch-ch-changes! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/118284-uwol-8-theme-announcement-ch-ch-ch-changes.html)

Meryem Ersoz April 1st, 2008 07:56 AM

UWOL #8 Theme Announcement...Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Spring is in the air (uh, here in the lower half of the northwestern hemisphere, anyway...) and my thoughts turn to the ephemeral nature of things.

As the Earth turns inexorably on its axis, the seasons come and the seasons go (unless you're Brian McKay,...), dormant organisms are renewed, the squirrels are making babies in my attic....

Whoops, this is a family channel, never mind about the amorous squirrels, does anyone know a good roofer?

Ahem, as I was saying, the nature of Nature is change. As dawn turns into to day, as the caterpillar becomes the butterfly, as the lava becomes the land...

Oh cut out these ruminations and natterings and give us the theme already!

I could go on, but the theme is...

TRANSFORMATION

Good luck and get out there!

Deadline: April 21, midnight anywhere in the world

and remember that your designated sign-up number on the original sign-up thread converts to your unique number that you use when you name your film file - see rule #7 on the UWOL website for details....

Vegard Paulsen April 1st, 2008 07:58 AM

Sounds like a fun challenge!! :)
good luck everyone

Marj Atkins April 1st, 2008 07:59 AM

Okay I thought it was #8, but guess its still a bit early for you:)

Meryem Ersoz April 1st, 2008 08:02 AM

thanks, Marj...corrected the thread title, guess i was not ready to let go of the last round yet...the coffee has not yet worked its magic...

Trond Saetre April 1st, 2008 08:09 AM

Interesting theme.
Good luck everyone!

Marj Atkins April 1st, 2008 08:12 AM

Talk about logging on at just the right moment to find out if the theme had been posted - was up for all of three minutes when I looked.

Nice theme Meryem - should be interesting because I'm wondering how much transformation we will see taking place within these next three weeks? mmm guess we're about to find out.

Bob Thieda April 1st, 2008 08:20 AM

Hot diggity! Let's rock!

Rob Evans April 1st, 2008 08:26 AM

Hmmmm, I wonder what Shia LeBoeuf is doing ??? ;-)

Thanks Meryem. Now, brain in gear......

Brian McKay April 1st, 2008 08:55 AM

Come on be Good to Me

Meryem...come on just once, give me a break and by the way I already did a film titled Transformation....I think it was for the theme Water just use that one okay.

What the heck do I do with this one....Hmmm maybe film me pulling out my hair and having a break down will that be tranformation enough for you???

All fun aside nothing has changed up here since October...unless the change from inches of snow to feet makes a difference.....this will be difficult.

Brian

Meryem Ersoz April 1st, 2008 09:30 AM

I did think about the plight of our Rankin Inlet player and how hard this would be for my pal Brian, locked in the everlasting snow, who already made a previous film using the theme title.

And all I can say to that is....

BOO HOO! pbbbbbt!

In addition to that sweet and loving suggestion, I would say that this would be an excellent time for you to do a film that is about the place where you live and the changes it has seen--talk to some of those native oldenheimers, if you know any, and get a glimpse of how modernization has changed the way they do things. The cultural anthro approach--my favorite entry of yours so far is still the borealis video, because it brings in those old legends.

You live in a place that no one knows a damn thing about (well, except that you people love your snowmobiles and beer), it is rife with opportunity. Rife, I tell ya! You're the international voice of your entire inlet! Whoa!

Dale Guthormsen April 1st, 2008 09:34 AM

Good Morning,

Interesting theme!!! We still have lots of ice.

Good call meryem!!

Brian, maybe you are the transformation. You know, how you were before your 8 month winter, and how you are approaching the end!!! I think you could have fun with that one!! "this winter has 8 months" etc.

I am surre we will see some interesting stuff from everyone, Brian included!!!

Grant Sherman April 1st, 2008 09:46 AM

Hmmm, I like this one - I like it a lot. I already have a plan.

Jessica Blackwell April 1st, 2008 10:53 AM

This will certainly be a challenge in the land where seasons never change, but I'm excited anyway! It's a good topic, and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Good luck!

Mike Beckett April 1st, 2008 11:25 AM

Excellent! I'm storyboarding this already.

The Irish Rainy Season runs from January to December, so if someone could arrange for a little sunshine (or even for a few dry hours) it might even work...!

Catherine Russell April 1st, 2008 11:56 AM

Hmmmm... now that sounds intriguing! Something tells me people are going to get really creative on this one!

Cat

Thanks Meryem, always keeping us on our toes!