UWOL X Sharktank - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old August 21st, 2008, 08:28 AM   #16
Major Player

I'm in too. No time to think of ideas, let alone contact anybody or do any filming - holiday weekend coming up and I'll be lucky to find time for grocery shopping! If I can keep up to date with other work, for the next six weeks, I should have no excuse for not doing something in the next round.
Old August 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM   #17
Trustee

Come on on on in, Annie, the water's lovely!

I'm in Australia for the start of the next UWOL, but alas I won't have my camera gear (other than my Panasonic digital stills camera which sort of does HD). If I'm lucky, the theme will be all about a severe lack of sleep!
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #18
Trustee

Hi All:

I had best intentions, but not good enough. I had my heart set on covering a local community organic produce and seeds farm that emphasizes the environmentally and economically sound practice of growing organically and feeding the local community. My husband and I own a share that feeds us fresh produce 6 months out of the year. They are called Abbondanza Organic Seeds and Produce. Here is a link: Abbondanza Organic Seeds & Produce .

On August 1, I fired an email off to Shanan a co-owner of the farm explaining the UWOL contest and that I would like to cover their efforts and philosophy of their farm. They have unlisted phone numbers, so email is the only way to reach them. TWENTY ONE days later I received an email from Shanan where she replied to my initial email and said she had just received it and to call her cell phone right away. I did so and now a week later there is still no reply to the phone messages I have left.

So in I go. It's been so busy on the ranch this summer that I have only had the chance to swim once... so at the moment, the water isn't too bad!

On our own home front: We have recently added a miniature Donkey we have named Norman to guard our flock and crew. We simply love him and are thinking of bringing in a little girl friend for him to keep him company at night.

All the best to the UWOL X players, and hopefully Next time.

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Catherine, not you also...
No fancy after effects video this round?
I'm already looking forward to October and next challenge.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #20
Trustee

Is it to late to join you guys? Just could not pull this one together. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:46 AM   #21
Major Player

Cold Water

I hate cold water,

I hope I have better luck with the next challange.

No replies to emails, or phone calls, and Canon is very slow, with both cameras, summer vacations are slowing down their service and parts dept.

Good luck to you all, and to those of us in the tank, let's huddle together, and stay warm.

The sharks can take the ones on the outside of the group.
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #22
Major Player

On time myst bee the first,dont make time fore this round.Have been on holyday
whid my famely.Have some plan on Cypros making a story fore a subadiving website.
But my youngest dather end on Hospital, but all end good.

Best luck fore compiting Challerger.

VJV.

Old August 26th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #23
Wrangler

oh, some of our noblest shooters are dropping like flies. it hurts the heart...

don't worry, though, next round will be something that even Norman the mini donkey can take part in...easy easy.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Russell View Post
So in I go.

Cat
Well Cat I must say I am really sorry that you have gone swimming. I have said to Tom more than once during the past few weeks that out of all of us you probably have the best chance of winning this round because you have all the right AE editing skills. I was looking forward to what you had in store - guess it will have to wait for another time.

Marj
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
oh, some of our noblest shooters are dropping like flies. it hurts the heart...

don't worry, though, next round will be something that even Norman the mini donkey can take part in...easy easy.
Does "easy easy" mean "easier than 'cream puff' "?

Last edited by Marj Atkins; August 26th, 2008 at 10:11 AM.
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #26
Major Player

It looks like the shark tank is getting pretty crowded, but get ready for another splash. I'd hoped to do a video, but things have just been way too hectic. I was visiting my mom and family in NY until a couple weeks ago, then shuttling between a couple temporary places before moving in to our rental home a week ago. It took all this time getting my computers set up again, and I just don't have time to get something done now. Not to mention I have adopted an older puppy, Siggy (a distant cousin to Decker, star of one of my UWOL videos) since moving to NC, and he's still settling in and needs a lot of supervision. I will look forward to the next UWOL, with lots of new sights and sounds to videotape.

Ruth
Old August 28th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #27
Trustee

I'm gutted that I haven't been able to do this one and I think I might follow the lead and approach some organisations about possible films when I have more time. In August I have had only 5 days at home and just not been able to gather any momentum.

I think this is the best challenge yet and I hope Meryem does something similar again but for now I'm going to do some shark spotting !

:-(
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Glad I was smart and didn't try to do this one against the odds, 3 trips to the ER, countless tests and they are still working on figuring out why I can't eat anything. We all have different reasons for being here, but we can all sit back and enjoy the water! (and to a lesser extent the sharks trying to eat our toes)

Kinda like a forum Breakfast Club.

Ohh did I say breakfast? I can't wait till I can eat it again......
Adrinn Chellton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #29
Major Player

Meryem,

I like this challenge. It forces me to think and I want to learn from all of you fine film makers that participate in this. That is why I participate. I do my own filming, I do the editing, I do my own music. I love it! As a student film maker I have learned nothing from this round. As a sales person (which I'm not) I could have learned plenty. Meryem you have my respect for picking this theme and trying to do what you are doing. It is not my place to critizise valuable and free information, not to mention leasons. I thank you all for sharing what you know and I look foward to future sharing in what it takes to make a good film. I think that is the bottom line. A good film.

Meryem,

Please don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to the next challenge.

Regards,

Oliver Pahlow
Oliver Pahlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #30
Inner Circle

See Chris Barcellos Go Into Shark Tank and PSA Too

I went to the shark tank, too, but I did it with a Public Service Announcement for all of you !!!!

http://www.makeyourfilm.net/downloads/UWOLSharktank.mov

Right click and save target....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge