DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 11 Sharktank (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/136250-uwol-11-sharktank.html)

Annie Haycock October 18th, 2008 09:01 AM

UWOL 11 Sharktank

Since my now-aborted habitat was underwater (where I've never filmed before), perhaps I'd better dive in and get a bit more experience!!

Actually, the habitat wasn't planned, it was partly the result of some "underwater" pond stuff on a Wildeye camera operator's course (only the lipstick camera was actually underwater), and partly the opportunity to participate in the release of some otter cubs into the wild. The first part was limited because of the rain (a different kind of underwater) and the second because the arrival of the otter cubs has been delayed until Thursday.

Still, I now have my trailmaster gadget for remote camera operation, have worked out how to use it, and will use it when the otters are in their release pen, so I've still managed to get something out of the challenge.

Adrinn Chellton October 18th, 2008 09:44 AM

Sadly my second visit to the tank has to be Uwol #11, ended up not having time for it between family and other activities. It's amazing how accurate the saying "when it rains it pours" can be.

Shark skin made up of thousands of tiny toothlike structures and can actually cut you if you pet them in the wrong direction... it's not fun finding that out the hard way, hope to get out of this tank soon, I need some more cuddly pets.

John Dennis Robertson October 20th, 2008 02:48 AM

Nothing I hate more than signing up for something and not following through with it...Damn I swim..looking forward to viewing all the entries

Mike Beckett October 20th, 2008 04:38 AM

Swimming again...

As I mentioned:
Week 1: travel from Aus, then jetlag... baaaaad jetlag
Week 2: Jetlag, and sick.
Week 3: Sick... and too busy at work

And just to put the dampners on any chance of a last minute quick entry, there's enough rain here to warrant the building of an ark.

Hopefully the December challenge will bring me more luck!

Paul Mailath October 20th, 2008 04:40 AM

me too - just haven't had the time or motivation

Ruth Happel October 20th, 2008 07:15 AM

Two swims in a row- I don't like being so soggy. Hopefully next challenge I can stay dry.

James McBoyle October 20th, 2008 09:23 AM

Defintely not happy at having to take my first swim, but as is said "when it rains..." Life suddenly became full of friends visiting from overseas, on top of getting my highlights reels out for the football (soccer) team I follow, who played 3 matches in 7 days at one point. . .

And it all started so well, with a rainbow over the beach I was going to film. (I managed to get some footage of it that I might use in the future).