UWOL #11: Relatively Infinite by Cat Russell - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old October 27th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #16
Trustee

To Mat:

I read your response to my inquiries off of Kevin's thread and would love to know more details. The contest sounds exciting, how many participated? What did you film for the day? How did you do? Lots of pressure filming and editing in one day? ETc, ETc...

Anyway, I thought I'd get off of Kevin's thread for these questions, and I understand that you may not find this since it has been shifted over to my thread without a heads up. However, if you do find this and feel like giving out a few more details, I'd love to know!

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #17
Trustee

Cat, WOW!!!!! This is your best, your absolute best. The video, those words, the editing, the entire concept was so moving. I loved the way you took us from almost macro to true infinity. A perfectly narrated script. Clean, positive and sometimes just a hint of mistical humer. The ending, where you held it all in the palm of your hand was great editing. Again, I really think is your best video yet. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #18
Trustee

Hey Bob:

Coming from you?! That means the WORLD to me. You inspire me.

Cato
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #19
Major Player

Hey Cat

I finally get a little time to start looking at the UWOL 11 films, and yours was first on the list. Amazing interpretation of the concept, and the poetry is wonderful. Your comment about not realising the buffalo footage was shaky until someone else pointed it out is so true - we tend to see what we believe is there instead of what actually is.

And yes, luck does play a large part - especially in discovering the right place at the right time. I had the opposite experience this time, including the otters that were supposed to be part of my pond habitat not arriving til after the closing date (they were rehabilitated animals being released) and even then they managed to get straight out of their enclosure despite a couple of electric fences.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge