DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL#11 "Greait-Salmon" by Vidar Vedaa (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/136766-uwol-11-greait-salmon-vidar-vedaa.html)

Vidar Vedaa October 28th, 2008 09:23 AM

UWOL#11 "Greait-Salmon" by Vidar Vedaa

This is now Callenge film.

In Bergen town in norway we have a litle river how was beck in half 80,full of toxside
from a wool-factory dumping allot different cemicals into the river.The river less of
any form of life.A slowly clean up started,and to day ther is allot of greait-salmon and
allot of sea-trout.Allso the old river salmon carakter is beck.Big tailed 12-18kg Salmon.

SO THERE IS STILL HOPE!!! GOD STEP FOR HABITAT.

WEBLINK: Greait-Salmon

Best Regards.
VJV.

Catherine Russell October 28th, 2008 10:00 AM

Hi Vidar:

Wonderful news! If you haven't watched Kevin's and Bob's "The River" this round, you should have a look. It is a similar dying river story in Iowa. Hopefully, it will have a similar ending!

Cat

Vidar Vedaa October 28th, 2008 10:36 AM

Still-hope!!!

Hello Cat, Yes I have seen the film and it`s my top film this round.So a greait film
from Kevin and Bob.But I think the hope fore many river is good,so I feald I must
send this un-finiched film fore the god progress fore some river.I had 1 day whid this
river in bergen, and wee bout was as to child.It`s realy facinating to study this big salmon.

VJV.

Markus Nord October 28th, 2008 01:48 PM

Nice film Vidar, I missed you this round. Did you take this UW shots standing in the river or did you mount the housing on a pole? Maybe you could have put the camera down at the bottom (with some weights) and keep it running for some more stabile shots.
Well... this is a nice film about a serious issue.

Vidar Vedaa October 28th, 2008 02:37 PM

Hallo Markus

This cut was taken whit house on a pole,but the strong stream and the bobell make
big problem for mee.I have a plan whit a tail on the house to stabilais the house, and
housing a bit negativ.A rope across the river whit a trinse to lead the house.But the
time fore good cut is now Markus,do you see this salmon on the banks whit the greait
color playing now in november.But what about time,it`s allways so short of time.
Sorry that I didn`t have time fore finich the UWOL-film.Have been on Wildlife-ceare
september and oktober finich last week-end.

VJV.

Dale Guthormsen October 28th, 2008 06:33 PM

Vidar,

You have some nice salmon footage for certain. I liked the music but it seemed a tad strong in places. The voice over was weak and it took me a bit to realize that my lack of understanding was that it was not in english. You are much better in english than I am in Norwegian!! I have a norwegian name but I am totally illiterate in the language.

I still enjoyed the salmon footage immensely.

Markus Nord October 29th, 2008 02:32 AM

I viewed you film again… about the UW shots, did you try to push the camera down against the rocks and try to keep it stabile that way? In that way, if the stream is not too hard, you should be able to shot in one direction stabile and if you plan the angle you can get the Salmon from the front and passing by the side.
Just and Idea… keep trying

Markus

Trond Saetre October 30th, 2008 03:38 AM

Hi Vidar,

Nice shots of the river and salmon.
The music was a good choice, but I think you maybe could have reduced the volume a bit, especially compared to the voice over levels.

Thanks for sharing.

Vidar Vedaa October 30th, 2008 07:00 AM

Hallo Trond

Yes I now ther is allot ,but this is my UWOL # 11 film that I never get
time to finhic.Did you now Trond that wee have at least 3 river in Bergen
city whid this standard arna,nestun og kvernevika.And Haukås for sea-trout
I think it`s facinating.May bee filming their playing now???

VJV.

Trond Saetre October 30th, 2008 07:36 AM

No, I didn´t know about all of them.
Your film could possibly be extended to include all of them. Like a comparison.