DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Blumberg-Wildlife-Doc-UWOL-Long Form (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/144114-blumberg-wildlife-doc-uwol-long-form.html)

Mike Blumberg February 18th, 2009 10:08 PM

Blumberg-Wildlife-Doc-UWOL-Long Form

Hi all,

Will I got this far, this film from part of my wildlife behavior doc.

This Dock is part 1 with 5 species of north american wildlife.

The rest of the info is posted on the web page below.

Narration will be done by children.

Hope you enjoy and lets have fun.

Music on this film is fill and will be changed for the finished doc.

UWOL Doc

Have a great day

Bryce Comer February 18th, 2009 10:48 PM

Hi Mike,
I look forward to seeing some more, the shots you have so far are really beautiful. The colours especially are fantastic. What other animals are you planning on showing us in the finished piece? This is just another one of the many that i am looking forward to.
Regards,
Bryce

Mike Blumberg February 20th, 2009 09:11 PM

Bryce,

Thank you for your comment, I am in the middle of an edit of Elk, which will be the next to put together.

The kids are going on a shoot with me in a couple of weeks for some behind the scenes in the field B roll stuff.

I am never filmed caribou, I would love to but nothing has come up for me to do it.

Like all wildlife in the field it must be challanging. If I can be of any help just give me a PM or e-mail.

Have a great day.

Mike B

Chris Swanberg February 21st, 2009 02:28 AM

Mik:

Beautiful footage. I look forward to more as well. Your eye is particularly excellent as are your edits. This is one I defintely want to see !

Chris S.

Geir Inge February 21st, 2009 03:19 AM

Hi Mike.
I like the idea of using kids for the narration part.
Is this gonna be an edicational series, (childrens TV)?
Nice colours and I loved the piano music too, though you're gonna change it, as you say :)
Maybe you can use it in between somewhere?
Great idea over all and I'm looking forward to see more of it.

All the best.
Geir Inge

Steve Siegel February 21st, 2009 10:09 PM

Hi Mike,
Aren't swans wonderful. They are some of my favorite birds to shoot. I love your slow-motion work, and the music,too. These were shot at Yellowstone, right? It would be nice to see some shots where you were lower to the ground, and they were flying in front of those dark Ponderosa Pines.

Per Johan Naesje February 22nd, 2009 02:01 AM

Mike,
very nice sequence of the swans you got there! The speed slow down enhanged it very well.
Look forward to view some more of your stuff, I like your idea of using kids into your film.

Dale Guthormsen February 23rd, 2009 08:21 PM

Mike,

Beautiful Swan footage!!!! keep the quality up like that and you will have a great piece!!! I love the framing on the flying birds, keeping them a bit back in the frame giving them room in front to fly or land into, awesome.

Mike Sims February 26th, 2009 03:57 PM

Mike,
As everyone else has stated, the footage you致e shown us is quite pleasing. I知 also pleased by your topic. Animal behavior is a special interest of mine (and probably most of us!). As soon as you池e able to I壇 like to hear which animals you値l be covering. What will be your primary sources of information? I知 not at all opposed to having children do the narration, but until you tell us more I知 not sure I understand why. I知 sure you have a very good reason. Also, if you値l permit me one last question (for now)- Where is Last Outpost? I never could find it. I finally decided it must be as much a state of mind as a place!

Finn-Erik Faale March 1st, 2009 07:18 AM

It is a pleasure to look at your film. Great shots, good editing and the technical quality impress me.

Finn-Erik

Bob Safay March 8th, 2009 06:15 AM

Mike, mystical beauty. I completely lost myself in the poetic movement of the slow motion combined with the perfect musical score. I am looking forward to other spicies and to hearing the narration. Bob

Mat Thompson March 9th, 2009 04:54 AM

Hi Mike

You have some nice footage shot with some lovely light. Swans in flight certainly are a awe inspiring sight.

However you have no information on your films concept or story. (Or have I missed it somewhere?) What story do you intend to tell about theses 5 species or their behaviour, are you looking at at something that they have in common or maybe the the different ways they feed/breed/move ? This after all is a 20minute + film. Think about the story first and the characters to tell that story should then become obvious!

Good luck, looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Marj Atkins April 15th, 2009 02:40 AM

Welcome to Uwol Mike. Some really beautiful images you managed to capture there. How do you manage to achieve such lovely slow motion?

Hope you will be putting up a storyboard soon so we can appreciate where you are going with all of this. Look forward to seeing more of your excellent work.

Mike Blumberg May 12th, 2009 12:39 PM

Hi All,

Thank you all for your comments kind words and assistance.

With the increase in projects over the last few weeks coupled with everything else we have in production, it is not a reality to keep my long form project alive at present.

I wish you all the best of luck.

If any of you need something feel free to contact.

And remember HAVE FUN.