DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Still in the Game!! - The Long-form List (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/235342-still-game-long-form-list.html)

Meryem Ersoz May 14th, 2009 08:31 AM

Still in the Game!! - The Long-form List

Whoa, people! I am so impressed that this many of you have made it halfway through this challenge. You, as always, have surpassed expectations with your dedication and talent.

Keep this up, and we will have produced 17!!!! (yes, 17!!!!!!) feature-length documentary films together. That would be an amazing, nice round figure.

Of course, there's a lot more work ahead, and a few more of you may shake out along the way, but right now is the time to bask in the glory of what you, as a group and as individuals, have already accomplished. Keep going, don't stop now.

And please, if I have overlooked any of you, shoot me an email at uwol@comcast.net - and I'll get your name up in lights.

But take a moment to acknowledge each other:

Cat Russell
Chris Swanberg
Andrew Hood
Geir Inge
Bob Safay
Mat Thompson
Rob Evans
Dale Guthormsen
Mihali Moore
Mike Sims
Vidar Vedaa
Finn-Erik Faale
Bryce Comer
Jeff Hendricks
Marj Atkins
Steve Siegel

Extensions granted:
Kevin Railsback
Per Johan

Meryem Ersoz August 15th, 2009 10:02 PM

The List...Round 3

Still in the game...

Cat Russell
Chris Swanberg
Geir Inge
Bob Safay
Mat Thompson
Rob Evans
Dale Guthormsen
Mihali Moore
Mike Sims
Vidar Vedaa
Finn-Erik Faale
Per Johan
Marj Atkins
Steve Siegel
Andrew Hood

If we get 15 long form films out of this Challenge, I will be mightily impressed. You all have tremendous dedication and energy.

Catherine Russell August 16th, 2009 09:11 PM

Hi Meryem!

Congratulations on keeping quite a viable challenge going, even if it is in your own words, a marathon not a sprint. Thanks again for calming my panic for being late and covering me with grace!

Am I missing something or isn't Steve Siegel in the challenge?

Best to all, and I can't wait to review and comment on your films... even if I seem to be lacking in the critique and simply love what you all are doing!

Best wishes for the ones debating on continuing on... we would love to keep you with us!

Cato

Meryem Ersoz August 16th, 2009 09:19 PM

Hi Cat: yes, Steve is in, thanks for the correction, that's why I post the list. It's a little harder to track the long form...glad someone is keeping an eye on things.

Meryem Ersoz August 26th, 2009 03:26 PM

the final "still in the game" list is completed (see above)...still 15 hard-core players left, entering the home stretch.

who will survive the hardest round yet? stay tuned. best of luck to you all - do not put it off until the last minute!

Meryem Ersoz October 23rd, 2009 09:01 AM

The List...Round 4!

Check my math, people. Over the course of the year, I am the first to admit mistakes in keeping track of y'all...

But here is The List...11 still standing. Panting towards the finish. Fantastic!

Cat Russell
Chris Swanberg
Bob Safay
Mat Thompson
Dale Guthormsen
Mike Sims
Finn-Erik Faale
Marj Atkins
Steve Siegel
Geir Inge
Rob Evans

Keep in mind that there will be NO extensions granted for the final finish deadline. You will have the week of November 15 (15-21, last day is the 21st, midnight anywhere in the world) to post your finished product (or best draft, whatever you prefer to designate it...)

Mike Sims October 24th, 2009 12:24 PM

Meryem- I believe you’ve omitted Geir Inge. He uploaded early this round.

Meryem Ersoz October 25th, 2009 10:58 AM

Got it, thanks Mike!

Rob Evans October 29th, 2009 03:38 AM

Hi Meryem, upload will be hitting your system tonight - sorry for the delay!!!

Meryem Ersoz October 30th, 2009 05:11 PM

11 still standing...great job, I am so impressed.

...would love to see every last one of you crossing the finish line.

Everyone who finishes gets a UWOL t-shirt. If that isn't enough incentive, I don't know what is...