DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Uwol #15? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/307499-uwol-15-a.html)

Per Johan Naesje August 22nd, 2009 02:46 AM

Uwol #15?

Will there be any UWOL #15 which is scheduled to start September 1st? I ask because Iīm planning an exiting trip in the beginning of September, which I would like to share with you as an uwol-entry!

Carl Middleton August 24th, 2009 09:51 AM

Well, as I have finally re-embarked on almost full time schooling (as well as a full time and a part time job!) and school starts that week, if I enter chances are it will be of the distinct and competitive social system of the American Teenager-and-Twentysomething as well as the complex mating rituals which more or less govern this complex and confusing society. :D Hope the theme fits! :P

Meryem Ersoz August 24th, 2009 11:09 PM

i won't be posting a new theme until october...august has been too packed, so a little time between rounds is a good thing - i need a little time in september to recover...

Mike Beckett August 25th, 2009 01:51 AM

Excellent news Meryem! I'm off Down Under for a month and was worried that I would miss out on another UWOL. Roll on October!

Per Johan Naesje August 25th, 2009 02:20 AM

Ok, thatīs fine to me Meryem!

BTW: Any change of updating the Calender at The UWOL Challenge - Wildlife & Outdoor based film competition? Itīs nice to do some planning for upcoming uwolīs by looking at the Calender.

Trond Saetre August 26th, 2009 01:47 PM

October will be good for me.
Then I have some time to finish my very first wedding video before next challenge.

Meryem Ersoz August 26th, 2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Johan Naesje (Post 1266704)
Ok, thatīs fine to me Meryem!

BTW: Any change of updating the Calender at The UWOL Challenge - Wildlife & Outdoor based film competition? Itīs nice to do some planning for upcoming uwolīs by looking at the Calender.

yeah, i wish the calendar could be slightly more fixed than it is, but i'm really trying to work the short challenges into the long form in a way that they do not interfere with each other, and it is a little harder than you would imagine, so staying flexible is a good thing. i haven't changed rules on the long-form (other than granting a few extensions...), to prevent chaos. so the short form is not as fixed as it has been for the past two years.

this won't be the case next year, because the long form will be over and the short form schedule can be more rigid...

Dale Guthormsen August 26th, 2009 03:01 PM

Meryem,

I think you have a done a first class juggling act. You might have to do a three minute spoof on all your trials and tribulations keeping this together!!

One thing I have learned over the last 6 decades is that if it is important to a person it will always get done, no matter what it is.
Of course priorizing is not always easy for everyone.

Meryem Ersoz August 26th, 2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen (Post 1273242)
Meryem,

I think you have a done a first class juggling act. You might have to do a three minute spoof on all your trials and tribulations keeping this together!!

naturally, it will start with teaching Dale how to properly name his film files...it only took about two of our three years...

I love teasing Dale!

But thanks, my friend - for your kindness and for your dedication to UWOL.

Trond Saetre September 27th, 2009 01:27 PM

Any news about UC15 yet?

Dale Guthormsen September 27th, 2009 02:11 PM

How about throwing around some topic ideas???

keep meryem from delving into sadistic urges.

She will likly change the naming convention again, just to mess with the elderly impaired.

Kevin Railsback September 27th, 2009 06:02 PM

We're getting into some great Fall color here. Can't wait to get out for another challenge!

Rich Ryan September 27th, 2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback (Post 1406698)
We're getting into some great Fall color here. Can't wait to get out for another challenge!

Yeah! We have our fall colors going in California, too --- brown. (-:

But I\'m still up for another challenge.

Trond Saetre September 28th, 2009 03:55 AM

We have had the fall colors here for weeks now. But if the rain continues, it will soon be mostly brown instead...
The snow has already arrived in the mountains.

Dale Guthormsen September 28th, 2009 09:13 PM

Good evening,

Freeze up her traditionally occurs here around the 22 of October. September was the warmest I can ever remember. fall is here, the ash trees have fallen and the others are turning color. It has been a great first week of fall, if one is going to go by dates at least.

the snow ge3ese arrived this last week, that is the mark of the start of fall for me!!!

will shoot some video tomarrow to share.