DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Our judge for UWOL #15 is... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/467183-our-judge-uwol-15-a.html)

Meryem Ersoz November 5th, 2009 01:49 PM

Our judge for UWOL #15 is...

Please welcome Piers Warren as your judge for UWOL #15...

As the founder of the Wildeye International School of Wildlife Filmmaking, Piers is exceptionally suited as judge for our ANIMAL KINGDOM round...

Piers is well known throughout the wildlife film-making industry as the editor of Wildlife Film News and producer of wildlife-film.com, which he created in the 1990s. With a strong background in biology, education and conservation, he has had a lifelong passion for wildlife films and has a wide knowledge of natural history. He cut his teeth in the industry as a sound engineer and multi-media producer, running a studio for many years. He is one of the founders of the international organisation Filmmakers for Conservation and was Vice President for the first three years. Piers is the author of many magazine features and several books including Careers in Wildlife Film-making and Go Wild with Your Camcorder - How to Make Wildlife Films.

Ever-keen for adventure, Piers leads wildlife tours and training expeditions around the world. Amongst other things he has walked the African plains with Maasai Warriors, tracked tigers in India on elephant-back, explored the Amazon rainforest, swum with sharks, trekked across Tanzanian deserts on a camel and filmed cheetahs hunting in Kenya.

For more information on Piers, Wildeye, and the amazing work that his organization does, check out their website at Wildeye - About Us and Our Tutors

We also have Piers to thank for driving traffic to our little contest - he keeps a link in the "Training" section of Wildlife Film:

Wildlife-film.com - Wildlife Film Makers News and Information

Let him know how much we appreciate his contribution to our UWOL world...

Chris Swanberg November 5th, 2009 02:12 PM

Meryem - WOW! I don;t know how you do it, but thanks for the time and effort to acquire the eye and experience of Piers Warren to act as our judge.

I know I speak for us all when I say that I appreciate his willingness to take the time and effort to view our films, and make his difficult decisions. THANK YOU Piers !

Chris S.

Chris Barcellos November 5th, 2009 02:13 PM

Thank you Piers for your involvement in promoting the UWOL site and our challenges, and for taking your time to judge this competition. It is truly appreciated.

Trond Saetre November 5th, 2009 02:20 PM

Welcome to the UWOL family Piers.

Mike Sims November 5th, 2009 02:43 PM

Welcome Piers. I can’t pass up the opportunity to tell you how much I love the WildEye website. I look in most days. Looking forward to your comments.

Kevin Railsback November 5th, 2009 04:50 PM

Hey Piers, welcome to UWOL!

Rich Ryan November 5th, 2009 05:22 PM

Piers, welcome to DVinfo and UWOL. Thanks for agreeing to spend the time to take a look at our videos.

Dale Guthormsen November 5th, 2009 07:12 PM

Welcome Piers!!

Meryem Always gets the best judges!!

follow rule 11, Have fun doing it!!

Bob Thieda November 5th, 2009 07:24 PM

Welcome Piers, and I hope you enjoy our efforts...

It is very nice of you to take the time to do this.

Oliver Pahlow November 5th, 2009 08:15 PM

Piers,

I welcome your opinion, and I thank you in advance.

Geir Inge November 6th, 2009 02:03 AM

Hi Piers Warren.
Welcome to Uwol and thank you for taking time to judge our videos :)

Finn-Erik Faale November 6th, 2009 07:38 AM

Piers,
Welcome. This was a surprise. Your name is known to me as author of a splendid book about wildlife filming I have in my possession.

Piers Warren November 7th, 2009 05:34 AM

Thanks for the Welcome!

What lovely messages - thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm looking forward to watching all your films which I shall do on Monday and announce the winners then. Good luck everyone!
Piers Warren

Mike Beckett November 7th, 2009 05:44 AM

Piers,

Welcome to the UWOL family.

I've just been inspired to buy your book. I could do with the help!