DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   A bit of sad news...another UWOL judge passes... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/469345-bit-sad-news-another-uwol-judge-passes.html)

Meryem Ersoz December 12th, 2009 12:21 PM

A bit of sad news...another UWOL judge passes...

My friend and mentor...we shot two triathlons together, and he walked me through the first TV show that I ever produced...a real shooter's shooter, he'd have a dialysis treatment one day and be out shooting the next. He had a true passion for the craft--always willing to lend a hand or a piece of gear...

He won two national Emmys, but I'll remember him for who he was, more than for what he did....

Award-Winning Television Photojournalist Bob Brandon Dies In New York

Send your thoughts and prayers out to Bob, his friends, and family.

Chris Hurd December 12th, 2009 01:02 PM

Our most sincere condolences. Thanks for sharing this with us, Meryem.

Kevin Railsback December 12th, 2009 05:54 PM

That's terrible. Sorry to hear Meryem.

We were fortunate enough to gain a little of his wisdom through UWOL.

Lorinda Norton December 12th, 2009 07:31 PM

Just read the article. Hopeful to the end.

I am very sorry about the loss of your friend, Mereym.

Bruce Foreman December 12th, 2009 10:10 PM

Meryem,

I offer my condolences also. In our previous email exchanges I got somewhat of a feel for the depth of regard you held Bob in. It is tough to lose a mentor you feel that close to.

Bruce Foreman

Catherine Russell December 12th, 2009 10:44 PM

I am saddened to hear this. My sympathy and condolences to you and Bob's family.

Blessings in your grief.

Cat

Marj Atkins December 14th, 2009 02:43 AM

Wow Meryem - this certainly has been a rough year for you. My sincere condolences.
Marj

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2009 10:42 AM

Thats bad news. My respects to all the friends and family!

Mike Beckett December 14th, 2009 12:27 PM

Such sad news Meryem, he seemed to be a real character. My condolences to Bob's family, and I'm sorry for the loss of your mentor.

Meryem Ersoz December 16th, 2009 10:35 AM

hey my friends - I appreciate the condolences, you are all such a caring and compassionate bunch - but I'm really hoping that all the UWOLers take a quick second out of their day to say a little "thank you and godspeed" to him...a little white light and a prayer...

what I really feel about people dying is that it helps their spirit, if they feel goodwill from all of the lives that they touched, even in small ways, for them to feel the ways in which their spirit stretched us all...which is really what motivated me to post this...

maybe something, maybe nothing...all part of the grand mystery...

but either way, there can never be too much appreciation and gratitude for each other, spread around the world...