DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Long-form Challenge Finalists...Congratulations! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/470816-long-form-challenge-finalists-congratulations.html)

Meryem Ersoz January 11th, 2010 01:00 PM

Long-form Challenge Finalists...Congratulations!

After multiple reviews, endless discussion, wrangling with grading sheets, and several cage match fights between Mat, Kevin, and I...

we are happy to announce the Long-form Challenge Finalists:

Rob Evans
Marj Atkins
Steve Siegel

We'll be passing these names on to our outside judge for final consideration.

T-shirts are out in the mail this afternoon to all who completed this long process (and sent me an address/size). I hope that you wear them with pride. You all deserve to win, for completing the hardest Challenge of them all. It was not an easy choice to eliminate so many great films from the running.

Thank you all for your contribution.

Catherine Russell January 11th, 2010 02:01 PM

Splendid! Wow, Meryem.... now that WAS a quick response. Thank you!

Meryem, Mat and Kevin thanks for the hard work you put into judging this round. It sounds like you put a lot of time into this and your efforts are so appreciated!

I am actually quite relieved to finally have a decision made, and I am thrilled for the finalists at hand. Rob, Marj and Steve congratulations on your excellent entries and your advancement to the final round.

Thanks all, for fun filming, great support and excellent feedback. It's been quite a ride wouldn't you say?

Cat

Rob Evans January 12th, 2010 05:47 AM

"several cage match fights between Mat, Kevin, and I..."

Please tell me you have that on film :-)

Very chuffed to be a finalist...

Trond Saetre January 12th, 2010 06:41 AM

Congratulations to the finalists.

I haven't had time to watch and comment all the submitted long-form videos yet.
But those I have watched so far have been very good and interesting.

Bob Safay January 12th, 2010 06:58 AM

Congratulations to Rob, Steve and Marj for three fantastic videos. And a special congratulations to all that finished, to our judges Mat and Kevin, and a special thanks to Meryem for putting up with us all. Bob

Mike Sims January 12th, 2010 11:56 AM

Thanks team for all your hard work. Congratulations to the final finalists.

Finn-Erik Faale January 12th, 2010 02:30 PM

Congratulations to Marj, Rob, and Steve.
Your videos are all very well made.

Mat Thompson January 12th, 2010 04:20 PM

Hey guys

Can I just say a big congratulations to all of you for finishing, something I didnt manage :-/ !. I'm not just saying this but this thing was really close....really close! Thats why we've taken so long and had so many cage fights over it! :-)

Anyone that didn't make the final and wants a critique then just give me a yell. I have my notes and would be happy to share them with you. - I won't comment on the top 3 at the moment because I don't want to influence anything.

Well done guys.

Bob Safay January 13th, 2010 04:42 AM

Yes Mat, I would like a critique. Thanks so much. Bob

Mike Sims January 13th, 2010 08:24 AM

Hi Mat. Count me in. I welcome the chance to learn even more from this exercise before moving on and I found your observations and comments in the earlier rounds particularly helpful. If the feedback threads are still open, just post it there so others also have an opportunity to learn from my mistakes. If not, just send it here:
Contact Hotspot!

Thanks!

Finn-Erik Faale January 13th, 2010 01:22 PM

Mat,
I would also like a critique. Thanks.

Mat Thompson January 13th, 2010 04:58 PM

Hi guys
No problem. I'm very busy on a job at the moment. But I will get it as soon as possible!
Cheers
Mat

Marj Atkins January 16th, 2010 11:43 AM

Thank you so much Meryem, Kevin and Mat for all the time and effort you have put into making this contest as fair as possible.

I realise it was not a very easy task and that it could just as easily have been someone else's name up here, but, thank you all the same for choosing my film to go forward.

Congrats Rob and Steve - I feel honoured to have my film selected along with two such wonderful films!

Dale Guthormsen February 12th, 2010 01:15 PM

Meryem,

Your selection of the three finalists were fine choices!!!!

The top two I selected are among them, My you have good taste!!

Would be great to announce thee finalist!!!

Dale

Rob Evans March 15th, 2010 10:18 AM

Any ideas on a rough eta for the final results?

Thanks,

Rob