Chris Swanberg's Daughter Needs your prayers and support - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Closed Thread

Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:10 AM   #16
Major Player

As a parent and someone who works in a Hospital, I have seen Medical Technology do great things.

My prayers are with you, and I hope she has a speedy recovery, she sounds like great fighter, which will help in with a positive outcome.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:32 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Brother, all the best of wishes to you and your family and may the hands and minds of those that care for your daughter be guided by that which we may never fully know or understand.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 03:54 PM   #18
Major Player

A younger colleague of me had this frightening illness few month ago.
She is now with good health and back in work.
Chris, I hope Katie will get the same improvement.

Best wishes!

Finn-Erik
Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:49 PM   #19
Wrangler

Chris - so, so sorry to hear this news. I'm sending good vibes and prayers to you and your family. Tell your daughter she has people all over the world who are wishing her back to good health...

my best to you - I'll be on a Grand Canyon trip until April 3, leaving soon, and I only hope that I can return to good news for you and Katie...
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:51 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I have had some contact with Chris Swanberg tonight, and his daughter is "consolidating" in his words. He believes and and his medical doctor sister also believes that she may be turning the corner on this thing......but lets not turn of the good vibes and prayers now !
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #21
Major Player

Really sorry to hear about your daughter Chris. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you Chris for the update - that is welcome news. We trust that Katie will continue to improve.

Marj
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:37 AM   #22
Major Player

We're pulling for you Katie, in thoughts and prayers. Today is Girls Day in Japan and Hawaii, because you are the best part of this world.
Old March 4th, 2010, 04:01 AM   #23
Major Player

Thanks to you all

Well, her "improved" status meant a lot of activity for Katie today...a CT Scan, an echocardiogram etc... but it left her pretty fragile and worn out...from almost NO blood pressure meds this am to pretty heavy ones for tonight's dialysis. (which finished a bit ago, hence the late night report) They took off only todays infusion volume tonight. Poor Katie just lies there unconsciously sedated (and so fluid overloaded she is blistering and leaking fluids everywhere) and let me tell you seeing all this is tremendously difficult as a parent. My doctor sister tells me not to worry - and that Katie is doing really well and she is highly optimistic for a great outcome. Maybe I just need to have Katie squeeze my hand to believe that fully.

Your kind words and prayers are very much appreciated. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Chris Swanberg

ps. Chris Barcellos, kind soul that he is, neglected to mention he is going into a local hospital in the AM for an angiogram with possible stent, or, depending on the outcome, and later, bypass surgery. Keep HIM in your thoughts too.

pps. GEEZE, you'd think Sacramento DVInfo'ers were all addicted to visiting hospitals! (weak attempt at humor here).
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #24
Trustee

Chris,

Katie is certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping she has a speedy and full recovery!!

Chris B,

Good luck to you today also sir. Hope everyone reports back with good news about you and Katie very soon!
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Chris, I can't imagine what you are going through. You and Katie are in my prayers.

Reed
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #26
Trustee

Hi Chris,
Here's hoping for a quick & speedy recovery for your daughter. I hope too that your family is doing ok with all this.

Chris B,
Hope everything went well today. Looking forward to seeing you back online very soon!!

Regards,
Bryce
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #27
Major Player

I have a 25 year old Son. My heart goes out to Katie and hope for a speedy recovery.
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #28
Inner Circle

My report:

Best news, I think, possible... no stent, though a 30% blockage detected. Major threat by cardiologist to reshape my life style with a cardio rehab....By the way, no man in his right mind would ask for a foley cathiter to be installed while he is concious...
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #29
Major Player

That's great news Chris. And a good kick in the pants from the cardiologist to shape things up! That will keep you motivated.
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #30
Trustee

How are things going for Chris Swanberg's daughter?

Chris Barcellos, glad you got the report you did. You can make some changes, blockage can be reversed by diet and exercise. Happened for me some time back.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge