DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Chris Swanberg's Daughter Needs your prayers and support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/473907-chris-swanbergs-daughter-needs-your-prayers-support.html)

Chris Barcellos March 1st, 2010 09:13 PM

Chris Swanberg's Daughter Needs your prayers and support

Chris Swanberg's 28 year old daughter Katie Swanberg was sticken with spinal menegitis last week and is critically ill from complications which include septic shock. This beautiful young woman is fighting hard to overcome it, and your prayers, thoughts and general good karma are all solicited. Chris was just telling me how hard it is for him to see a child in such severe trouble. He feels so helpless. I am sure Chris would be comforted by your expressions. You can reach him by PM throught this site.

Mat Thompson March 2nd, 2010 03:57 AM

Best wishes to Katie and Chris - I hope all goes well for them over the coming days.

Rob Evans March 2nd, 2010 04:00 AM

Likewise, our thoughts are with you...

Geir Inge March 2nd, 2010 04:02 AM

Best wishes from Norway.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Geir Inge

Trond Saetre March 2nd, 2010 04:45 AM

Best wishes to Katie and Chris!

Christopher Drews March 2nd, 2010 04:50 AM

Just awful news.

Sounds like the bacterial strain...
Katie is in my thoughts and prayers.
-C

Mick Jenner March 2nd, 2010 07:10 AM

Our thoughts are with you

Mick and Pat

Mike Sims March 2nd, 2010 07:37 AM

Best wishes for the Swanberg family. Chris, don't forget to take care of yourself and keep up your own strength throughout this very stressful period. (Thanks to Chris B. for letting us all know.)

Steve Siegel March 2nd, 2010 02:24 PM

Our prayers are with you down here in Miami.

Michael Ojjeh March 2nd, 2010 03:08 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, hope all goes well.

Mike

Dale Guthormsen March 2nd, 2010 07:21 PM

Our prayers will be for her and to comfort Chris!!

Dale

Chris Swanberg March 3rd, 2010 12:35 AM

Thank you

Thank you all for your warm caring wishes. This is day 5, and until today with each up and down of this ugly disease process I have been alternately planning a birthday party on her birthday at month end, or dreading planning a funeral.

The bacterium had devastated her capillaries and all that was keeping her alive was a respirator and blood pressure medications. Her bed was surrounded by machines, and they of necessity had loaded her with nearly 20 liters of fluid so she was swollen beyond any recognition. It has been hard to watch.

TODAY...!! Of necessity, they have been avoiding dialysis, out of fear she might not survive it. Today was the day they finally had little choice not to do it. They started at 12:45PM and she not only tolerated it, but they managed to get off nearly 3.5 liters and in the process clean up her blood from the nasty toxins -some. They were also able to infuse a unit of blood and tonight nearly all the previously doubtful blood chemistry is headed back into safer territory and her respiration and blood pressure are markedly better as well.

Not fully out of the woods as yet, but the first day of real hope since that phone call "to get here as fast as you can" last Thursday.

Keep up your prayers and hope. My little fighter may yet pull through this. Those of you with children yet at home hug them close and tell them you love them. The rest - never miss a chance to tell your children how much you love them

God bless you all.

Chris Swanberg

Lorinda Norton March 3rd, 2010 12:54 AM

Good heavens, Chris...I'm so sorry you and your daughter are having to go through this. I'm glad to hear there's some good news, and will continue to pray she gets out of the woods and into restored health quickly.

Colin McDonald March 3rd, 2010 01:21 AM

Chris, I sure there are countess others who continue to pray for your situation, most will do so invisibly without posting. Every father and mother on this list will be right with you.
Thanks for your uplifting and moving update.

Christopher Glavan March 3rd, 2010 06:07 AM

Praying for Katie here in Redding!

Thank you for keeping us posted.