Back in Time - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old June 6th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #16
Trustee

Hi Dale

Firstly excuse the delay in revewing your film I have been away for the last 10 days.

I thought some of your imagery was great in this piece and had bags of potential. Some of which you realised, so not so much.

I was a little dissapointed by the story. You told us quite a bit we could either see for ourselves or that was simply practical/technical details. I'd have loved to here more about the story behind the machinery. Who was it used by and why it came to be where it was. For me you really missed what would have been an exceptional story illustrated by some very evocative imagery.

Thanks for sharing.
Mat

Last edited by Mat Thompson; June 6th, 2010 at 07:01 AM.
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Matt,

Thank you for the constructive criticism. I could tell that story you wanted to hear, in fact it was part of my original plan which was far to grandiose. I ceratinly could hardly even touch on it in 3 minutes, perhaps due to my own lack of imagination and script writing ability. So, I opted to keep it simple, enough voice over to keep interest but not to interfer with the images and the viewers chance to interpret them. Obviously I could have done it better, always can can't we, which is why the feed back is great.
As for the audio, well I am still working on that and while I have improved at it, I know I have quite a bit to sort out yet. Getting feed back with suggestions is always a huge help, you and Per Johan have always been great in that regard!!

When I startassembling my long term project, "This old House" I will make certain I cover those bases!!!

thanks again Matt!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge