DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Sign-up UWOL FUN SHOOT - July 9-11, 2010 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/481455-sign-up-uwol-fun-shoot-july-9-11-2010-a.html)

Trond Saetre July 6th, 2010 04:07 AM

Sign-up UWOL FUN SHOOT - July 9-11, 2010

Thought it would be easier for everyone to notice the "Fun shoot" if we have a sign-up thread.

As Dale mentions in the "UWOL 17" thread, we'll have an unofficial uwol challenge this upcoming weekend. (July 9-11)

There will be no judging, just appreciation of what you want to shoot, but pay special attention to the very important rule #11 at all times!!

Shooting:
Friday July 9 12pm until Sunday July 11, 12pm anywhere in the world. (48 hours)
Shoot 2-3 minutes of whatever catches you fancy.

Upload to VIMEO and/or YOUTUBE, and post the usual feedback threads including the link as we always do.

Deadline for uploading:
Monday July 12, 12pm anywhere in the world.

Now, charge the batteries, and let's have FUN!

Kevin Railsback July 6th, 2010 06:16 AM

I'm in. Been reading up on some new spots to check out.

Dale Guthormsen July 6th, 2010 08:33 AM

Good idea Tronde,

IM IN TO BE CERTAIN!!

Even have a plan, now if it just does not rain all weekend!!!

dale

Ryan Farnes July 6th, 2010 09:21 AM

I'm in. Hopefully I can do something cool.

Annie Haycock July 6th, 2010 03:35 PM

Weekends are not a good time for me to shoot anything, but I'll sign up just in case.

Andrew Hood July 8th, 2010 08:30 PM

I've managed to flunk the last few official things I've signed up for. Maybe I'll manage something for this one.

Bob Safay July 9th, 2010 03:41 AM

OK, its been awhile, but count me in. Bob

Rob Evans July 9th, 2010 03:59 AM

Well I can't guarantee any results, but i'll give it a try - have an idea!!!

Rob Evans July 9th, 2010 08:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, sadly I'm out of the running already - I only had an hour at lunchtime to shoot for this whole weekend, and the butterflies I have been photographing happily statically feeding all week have decided that chasing each other round is much more fun in the heat - hence filming them is near impossible :-(
Anyway, have fun all! Here's a few shots i've been getting.....

Cheers!
Rob

Meryem Ersoz July 10th, 2010 06:57 AM

those are pretty, Rob - you all should lift the 3-minute rule - or change it to a one minute rule or something....

Trond Saetre July 10th, 2010 10:32 AM

Listening to the wisdom of Meryem, and suggest we change from "2-3 minutes" to "up to 3 minutes", which means no lower time limit.

Dale Guthormsen July 10th, 2010 05:58 PM

Actually,

Sense these will not be placed up on the challenge web site and not going to be judged there does not have to actually be a limit in size or time!!!!

I am all for that!!

dale

Kevin Railsback July 10th, 2010 07:57 PM

Yep, the whole thing was just do do something in 48 hours. Could be ten seconds or ten minutes.

Trond Saetre July 11th, 2010 02:35 AM

Sounds like a deal:
No time limits for the fun shoot. :)
But the fun rule must be followed anyway!

Kevin Railsback July 12th, 2010 07:35 AM

Will upload mine later this afternoon. Didn't get everything shot I wanted to but that's part of the challenge in a 48 hour shoot.

My main subject is something I found on a scouting trip last week. It's almost three hours from my house but not something you'd expect to find in Iowa.

Wish the weather had cooperated more. Can't wait till this fall to go back there Nd film some more!