Short Grass Prairie Glory at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old July 11th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Short Grass Prairie Glory

Good afternoon,

Sence I can't downlaod tomarrow I put this link up, hope no one minds. I will be away teaching sailing until Friday. I hope to see everybodys and comment at that time.

I held to rule 11: I shot some footage friday afternoon and evening. Saturday the wind was with us, most of what I shot was not useable. Heat was an issue by 8:00 am.

The yearly blossom for these plants is short and I was able to hit the tail end of it. I have been shooting wild flowers all spring and have a fair collection of footage, but for this we only could use what we shot on these days (friday/sat for me) so it is farely limited. there were a couple shots I would have liked to reshoot, just could not get them done.

This pariticular patch of prairie is quite unique, I call it our little patch of paradise.

I hope you enjoy it.

Link:

Old July 12th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Dale,

Very nice and interesting to watch. You do very well with the VO and story telling. Learned something new about your prairie and the flowers. Thank you.
I can see why you call the area paradise.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Major Player

The Prarie Lily, great little documentary. The money shot at 00:35 and around 01:36, just awesome!
Also really liked the sound of the birds in the background, so it must be a good mic.
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #4
Trustee

Dale, very well done. I especially liked the camera moves along the grass. It looked like you were utilizing a dolly. The lillies were beautiful, as was the entire video. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Major Player

The Prairie is the greatest under-appreciated landscape in the world. There is so much there, and you have captured a nice selection of it. You got the "Prairie Bells" just right.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge