DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Sign Up Thread for UWOL #17 - Turn, Turn, Turn (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/483739-sign-up-thread-uwol-17-turn-turn-turn.html)

Meryem Ersoz August 23rd, 2010 07:51 PM

As discussed on another thread, this will be the last UWOL Challenge that I will be running. My swan song. Time for a new leaf. Cue The Byrds!

YouTube - The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn!

But don't worry, I'll be putting you all (UWOL) in good hands. And I will be making an announcement about the plan this week, in a separate thread, so that we can keep this thread limited to sign-ups only.

So sign up everyone, for old time's sake! Let's see some new names and old playing together. Heck, maybe I'll finally have a chance to get out there and shoot something.

Theme announcement will be September 1. Deadline is Monday, September 20, midnight anywhere in the world.

This gives you three fat weekends to make something beautiful.

A few notes:

If this is your first time playing, you must:
1) sign up on this thread, stating your commitment to finish!
2) send me an e-mail with a current e-mail address to uwol@comcast.net - if you have played before and changed your e-mail address, please send one as well. I need your current e-mail in order to send you uploading instructions...

Read the rules at the sticky at the top of the sub-forum or at The UWOL Challenge - Wildlife & Outdoor based film competition

Also remember that your designated sign-up number on this thread converts to your unique number that you use when you name your film file - see rule #7 on the UWOL website for details...

Good luck everybody!

Kevin Railsback August 23rd, 2010 08:16 PM

I'm in for sure for Meryem's swan song!
One of my favorite songs BTW.

Per Johan Naesje August 24th, 2010 12:07 AM

Yup, another "oldtimer" signing in! Lets make this a big round for all of us!

Meryem, you could announce this round in a special email, to all those who have been participating during the start some years ago? Some may not checking this site on a regular basis!

Markus Nord August 24th, 2010 01:16 AM

I hope I get my UW housing to my 7D till then... and that I get enough time to finish.
Sign me up plz

Mike Sims August 24th, 2010 06:58 AM

Wow! Thanks for that one, Meryem. I vividly remember listening to that on my brand new three transistor radio. The times, they are a-changin’

I’m in. I’ve got some new hardware that I hope will be ready in time to use. I just love using UWOL as a test bed for new kit. Good-luck, all.

Gordon Hoffman August 24th, 2010 07:32 AM

Count me in for Meryem's last one. I was in on the first, but it has been awhile since I've done one.

Gordon Hoffman

Trond Saetre August 24th, 2010 12:09 PM

Count me in! :)

Chris Barcellos August 24th, 2010 12:13 PM

I will be in for this too.

Victor Wilcox August 24th, 2010 08:00 PM

I'm in. I'll find out if the back holds up.

Geir Inge August 25th, 2010 12:30 AM

Count me in

Andrew Hood August 25th, 2010 04:03 AM

I'm in. Time to film something again.

Sam Mendolia August 25th, 2010 05:36 AM

I had something in mind, before I read this, but the weather washed that one down the drain.
More areas to cover that might work, so, I'm in, and hopefully can stay away from the shark tank.

sam

Kevin McRoberts August 25th, 2010 07:24 AM

I've signed up for a couple of these, never finished a single one...

time to change that track record.

Mike Duvall August 25th, 2010 02:15 PM

Like Kevin I've signed up for a couple too but never even turned the camera on. I will give this one a better attempt.

Paul Mailath August 26th, 2010 01:26 AM

It's been ages since I put my hand up - I just got to busy.. but what the hell - It's time I gave it another go - I'm in