UWOL #17 Theme Announcement...The Curtain is Drawn at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old September 1st, 2010, 08:25 AM   #1
Wrangler

UWOL #17 Theme Announcement...The Curtain is Drawn

Autumn is in the air this morning, here in my neck of the woods.

Our beautiful little ball of dirt, planet Earth, spins inexorably on its axis, bringing change and transformation. Leaves are beginning to change, and the plants in my front yard are rolling up their little weary little heads and going to seed.

All in preparation for the next cycle of life, growth, and passing.

Feeling a little wistful, perhaps, that things can't just stay the same...but -

I've watched my daughter turn from a kindergartner to a "big kid" with UWOL...

I lost the best shooting partner in the world, my karmic dog Violet, with UWOL...

And I've had the front-row seat for the development and growth of all of you fine players with UWOL...

that's almost 400 films made, eight feature length docs, a handful of film festival awards, a stack of amateur shooters who converted their participation in UWOL into professional jobs, and one Panda finalist later...

It has been pretty special to watch people from all over the world come together to share our love for the planet. It has been pretty special to watch so many of you using UWOL to have fun, make friends, learn some stuff, and even make some of your own dreams come true.

But I need a little time, ok a lot of time, to spend working on a few dream films of my own - and I'll be starting with this one - a feature film which I'm producing, a psychological thriller entitled MIND'S EYE...

(you can follow it on Facebook if you want to see my little seed grow: Black Wing Digital | Facebook)

It won't be a UWOL film this time, but I have a few of those in the works, as well, already, one for fulldome and one that I hope will change my life forever. So running a commercial business, still, while developing three feature-length films, is sucking all of my time. Change, as I mentioned, is in the air!

So your theme for this month's Challenge, the one that keeps popping into my head...is...

RENEWAL

As always, good luck and get after it!

Deadline is Monday, September 20, midnight anywhere in the world.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge