DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Sign Up Thread UWOL 18: WE ARE INSPIRED! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/486478-sign-up-thread-uwol-18-we-inspired.html)

Catherine Russell October 22nd, 2010 11:03 AM

Hey friends:

Rise and Shine everyone! It is that time again. Just think of it! UWOL 18: a new opportunity to hone skill, break through old limits and psychological barriers, forge new trails in creativity and best of all, get out there in our incredible natural world and capture the rapture of the beauty that surrounds us every moment of the day (and night too!) and share it with others.

We have so much to inspire us this round!:

Our very own Mat Thompson has won the 2010 Panda award in wildlife cinematography. This level of performance does not come from talent alone, but hard work, dedication and a strong belief in yourself and your gifts. Now how is that for inspiration?

We have a newcomer in our midst, Mike Duvall, who committed to submit a first entry last round and got the job done! Now how is that for inspiration? Let's have 10 newcomers this time! You are warmly welcomed into the UWOL family.

We have the tried and true, the regular faces who have participated in most, IF NOT ALL of the UWOL entries! Now how is that for inspiration?

Let's push ourselves for Meryem, who loves to help people be all that they can be (I can personally attest to that one!). Now how is that for inspiration?

Inspired yet?

So come on and sign up. Sign up closes: Sunday October 31 (oooooh spooky, eh?)

Theme announcement will be November 1. Deadline is Sunday, November 21, midnight anywhere in the world.

This gives you three fat weekends to make something beautiful. Try something new!

A few notes:

1) Since I'm just taking over, EVERYONE fire me your current e-mail address so I can build my database. Yes everyone! Not just newcomers! Please send your e-mails to uwol@spikeproductions.com.

2) Sign up on this thread is stating your commitment to finish! Let's starve those sharks this time.

3) Read the rules at the sticky at the top of the sub-forum or at The UWOL Challenge - Wildlife & Outdoor based film competition

Also remember that your designated sign-up number on this thread converts to your unique number that you use when you name your film file - see rule #7 on the UWOL website for details...

Have fun everybody and push it!

Cat

Kevin Railsback October 22nd, 2010 11:33 AM

Hey Cat,

I'm in! I'll be in Northern California for part of the challenge so this should be interesting. :)

Victor Wilcox October 22nd, 2010 11:52 AM

Well, I'm in the middle of selling the old and buying a new camcorder. How I get deal done in time, but I'm in. Hope I can stay away from the sharks this time.

Mike Sims October 22nd, 2010 05:56 PM

I'll try. Cat promised something special for the theme.

Mike Duvall October 22nd, 2010 09:28 PM

Oh yeah! I'm inspired and anxious to get something started! Just hope some of our fall color holds a few more weeks.

Chris Barcellos October 22nd, 2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback (Post 1581180)
Hey Cat,

I'm in! I'll be in Northern California for part of the challenge so this should be interesting. :)

So Kevin, where you going to be ?

Oh, I am in at this point.,

Trond Saetre October 23rd, 2010 12:50 AM

I am in for sure!!
Didn't have time to make anything last round, so this time I have to make something.
Let's rock n roll :)

Marj Atkins October 23rd, 2010 02:25 AM

I'm in.....spired.

Mick Jenner October 23rd, 2010 02:51 AM

I will also have ago this time, so count me in

Mick

Geir Inge October 23rd, 2010 07:41 AM

Coount me in, I'll give it a try.

Per Johan Naesje October 23rd, 2010 07:47 AM

I´m in, long time since I completed a challenge but this time I think I will get time to play!

Fall colors are gone, pretty dark and short days. Can be a challenge to get something but I´ll give it a try!

Mat Thompson October 23rd, 2010 08:59 AM

I'm going to tuck myself 'in' here behind Per Johan. Glad to see you knocking aound again fella! I'd like to do something very different this round. Lets see if Cat's kind to us first time out :-)

Steve Siegel October 23rd, 2010 12:54 PM

Hey, I get to be lucky 13. This will be a fun one.

Annie Haycock October 23rd, 2010 03:25 PM

I'm on vacation at present, but should be home, ready and raring to go by the time the theme is announced. Somehow I'll have to keep work out of the way for a while longer!!

Can't send emails now, but will try to remember when I get home.

Chris Swanberg October 24th, 2010 01:37 PM

Count me in. Time to get back to film making.

Chris