DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 20- Tales of Wonder and Woe! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/494141-uwol-20-tales-wonder-woe.html)

Mike Sims April 5th, 2011 02:31 PM

UWOL 20- Tales of Wonder and Woe!

I went out this morning and managed to find my animals but today's footage is disappointing. I'll try again tomorrow.

Catherine Russell April 5th, 2011 03:08 PM

Re: UWOL 20- Tales of Wonder and Woe!

Disappointing footage aside...

it's nice to know you are feeling well and are back to normal these days Mike!

Dale Guthormsen April 5th, 2011 08:00 PM

Mike,

Good to see you are after it!! here things are starting to look dirty and muddy, still lots of white stuff!!

Spent all day pondering what to do, I have a tenative plan. Will get opening shots tomarrow morning if it aint snowing and the light is good. I have the music in mind, just have to play it and record it, then write some words for it or voice over, then I will shoot the shots.

Kind of a Kevin approach, musci first then shoot.

should be able to pull this one off, but trying to make it my best yet will be the goal!!

thanks for the real challenge Cat!!!

Trond Saetre April 6th, 2011 05:47 AM

My plan is that a plan must develop during the next week and then shoot during Easter.

Unfortunately I won't be able to upload/submit until a day after deadline, (the 25th), so this round it will be only an unofficial youtube version from me.

Catherine Russell April 6th, 2011 08:01 AM

Hey Trond:

Since you have informed us ahead of time that you cannot submit until the day after the deadline, and it is so close to the deadline, then their is grace for you friend and you should still be able to compete with the others.

By the way, why would you not be able to submit until the day after... and perhaps you will finish early enough to submit early instead of late?

All the best to everyone!

Cat

Catherine Russell April 6th, 2011 08:05 AM

I have my own tale of wonder and woe...

I've been randomly selected for jury duty starting April 25th. This may turn out to be trivial in terms of commitment, but one never really knows until it happens. The timing is not great for this since that is the week you all will have submitted your films for review. *sigh* I don't expect any time conflicts, but this is a bit extraordinary!

Cat

Kevin Railsback April 6th, 2011 08:32 AM

I guess it's a plus to be married to an attorney. No jury duty. I guess they figure you know too much about the law or something. But I'd love to be on a jury.

Dark and gloomy for the week and weekend here.

Had my film idea before the theme even came out so I'm going to try and make the idea fit the theme. Might be disaterous who knows. Have to find my music track first to set the mood.

Trond Saetre April 6th, 2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Russell (Post 1636003)
Hey Trond:

Since you have informed us ahead of time that you cannot submit until the day after the deadline, and it is so close to the deadline, then their is grace for you friend and you should still be able to compete with the others.

By the way, why would you not be able to submit until the day after... and perhaps you will finish early enough to submit early instead of late?

All the best to everyone!

Cat

Thank you Catherine, I really appreciate.
I'll be up in the mountains away from internet access during Easter.

How early I can finish depends a lot of when my new toy arrives, but I'll try my best to make something before Easter.

Dale Guthormsen April 7th, 2011 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I drove about an hour and a half to get what is my most essential footage. I got to the access road and this is what I found.

It kind of puts a dampener on my whole plan, kinda breaks the heart!

Mike Sims April 7th, 2011 11:50 AM

Ouch! Sorry, Dale. Looks like that’s the no-access road.

I’ve run into a temporary scheduling problem and so far only have shots of one of my subjects standing stock-still and looking extremely bored.

Trond- What camera did you get?

Catherine Russell April 7th, 2011 11:55 AM

Hey Dale...

Can you help me out here? I can be really slow at times :).

You found ..... no road? no animals? no sun? no girls sunbathing on a beach? too much snow?

Whatever it was that was disappointing never gets you down for long. We know you too well!

Cat

Ah, Mike beat me to it to clarify. So, you can't snowshoe along what should be the access road?

Dale Guthormsen April 7th, 2011 12:09 PM

Cat,Mike,

I can always find animals, we know most by name at this point, eg. "The door Jam Buck", "Moby Dick" the grouse, etc.

Trying to get something more interesting than my usual stuff, and then actually tying it into the theme so it actually makes sense, Now that is another story.

To be honest, right now is about as ugly a time here as you get, Dirty snow, Mud, Hazey skies, shaggy animals.

Yes light exposes the ugly as well as the beautiful, but I doubt anyone could win a video contest doing that!!! LOL!!!

Trond Saetre April 7th, 2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sims (Post 1636473)
Trond- What camera did you get?

Canon XF300 :)
Still waiting for UPS to deliver my baby from B&H.
Hopefully they soon agree with themselves about delivery date.
Crossing my fingers for tomorrow. (that's the 3. date UPS has told me)
Off to Sweden early next week for the PAL-upgrade. Thankfully Canon agreed to perform the service in one day while I am waiting.

Geir Inge April 7th, 2011 02:08 PM

Great theme Catherine.
I cant help thinking about it, though my focus should be on my exam next week.
Still I think I need to write manus this time. It seem too difficult without one.
Hope to see the light ;)

Catherine Russell April 8th, 2011 07:05 AM

All the best on your exam Geir!

We are thrilled you have decided to enter in this round and take up the challenge, even with your academic demands.

Here's to your success on both!

Cat