DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   The WINNERS! UWOL #21 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/500366-winners-uwol-21-a.html)

Lorinda Norton September 5th, 2011 06:01 PM

The WINNERS! UWOL #21

What a fun round for UWOL 21, with eight interesting, entertaining and educational videos! You guys should all be proud of your work, because each one was a winning effort.

Big thank you’s go out to Meryem Ersoz, founder and the heart of the UWOL Challenge, for her vision plus her guidance in this transitional round; and also to Chris Hurd, not only for giving the UWOL Challenge a home here on DV Info Net, but for sponsoring the new home for our videos on Vimeo Pro. Folks from all over the world enjoy watching UWOL entries--all made possible by Meryem and Chris.

Votes are in and we have a winner! Drum roll, please…

Runner Up: A tie!

Geir Inge B. Brekke for “Abandoned”
Mike Sims for “Here Be Dragons”

Well done, Mike and Geir Inge!

Winner and Champion of UWOL 21:

Simon Wood for “unloved”

Congratulations, Simon! Your first UWOL entry and you take home top honors with a top-notch production. We thoroughly enjoyed your glimpse into the interaction of humans with a segment of the "Birds, Fish, Reptiles and Amphibians" of Uganda. Great job!

That’s a wrap for UWOL 21. Keep those cameras rolling and be watching right here for the DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge in December!

Lorinda Norton September 5th, 2011 06:06 PM

Re: The WINNERS! UWOL #21

For anyone who has not had the opportunity to view all eight of the great films this round:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-cha...s-viewing.html

Mike Sims September 5th, 2011 06:09 PM

Congratulations Simon! Good show on your first go. Congratulations Geir Inge and all who finished a video this round. Thank-you Lorinda, Meryem, Kevin, Mat and Chris Hurd. Special thanks to Catherine for getting us here in one piece. I won’t be around in December, so I hope to see you all again next spring.

Bill Thesken September 5th, 2011 06:38 PM

Way to go Simon! That was a top notch production, and I'm going to take a few more looks at it and try to use some of your techniques. Those narrators should be very proud also, natural talent.

Geir Inge September 5th, 2011 11:36 PM

Congratulations Simon, way to go on your first uwol entry.
I will also give my thanks to the other competers, what a great bunch of people you are.
Also want to give my thanks to our Ladies Lorinda and Meryem and to Chris for hosting.

Markus Nord September 5th, 2011 11:42 PM

Congratulations, Simon!
A job Well done!
Good job everyone... And thanks to everyone that make tihs happen.

Finn-Erik Faale September 6th, 2011 12:12 AM

Congratulations, Simon! A well deserved winner.
Congratulations to Mike and Geir Inge.

Tanks a lot to Lorinda, Meryem and Chris.

Simon Wood September 6th, 2011 01:56 AM

Thanks to everyone involved (both the participants and the organizers)! This means a lot to me; especially considering the votes came from other documentarians!

All of the documentaries on display during UWOL 21 were fantastic; and it was fascinating to see the different interpretations everyone had. I have certainly learned a good deal from you all.

I had not filmed anything for many months before I joined UWOL 21; but this competition reminded me why I enjoy filming so much. Through this project I have certainly met a variety of interesting characters (both here in Uganda as featured in the film, and your good-selves through DVINFO).

I have been going through the UWOL video archive slowly-but-surely over the last week , and it truly is an amazing collection of techniques, stories and breathtaking imagery from all over the world; so I am honored to add Uganda to the list of countries featured in that valuable resource .

Lastly; I am going to bring my laptop around to the four interviewees to show them the finished film this week (as they have not yet seen it) – I am sure they will be as thrilled as I was to learn that their stories have entertained people from the far corners of the globe!

See you in December for the Charity Challenge!

;)

Mick Jenner September 6th, 2011 02:47 AM

Congratulations to Simon, Gier and Mike on their success.

Although I have been away and not been able to comment on on the entries, I have now managed to to watch them all, so well done to all.

Than you Lorinda for taking over the running of the competition.

All things being equal I will be up for the next one.

Mick

Bob Safay September 6th, 2011 04:54 AM

Congragulations to you guys. All excellant videos. You should be proud. You eached touched on an environmental issue and did a very professional job at teling your story. Also, congradulations to everyone that completed the challenge. Bob

Rob Evans September 6th, 2011 06:35 AM

Congrats Simon, i was totally wowed by your offering - and so glad to hear this was something of a comeback for you to filming - I must admit it was pretty much the same for me - it's not all that easy with young ones around huh?
Well done on runner up spots Geir Inge and Mike - i should have put money on my predictions :-)

Cheers!
Rob

Chris Hurd September 6th, 2011 07:42 AM

Congrats to Simon, and to Mike and Geir, and to everyone else who participated in this round. Well done!