DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Hello Friends (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/511989-hello-friends.html)

Dale Guthormsen November 9th, 2012 01:13 PM

Hello Friends

It seems to have been ages sense I have been here. Seems like one thing to the next crisis has got in the way even responding to all the films. Our 30 year old son Attending the american golf academy in florida) fell down some stairs and broke his leg, this was a blessing in disguise. Through this they found he had a fist sized tumor in his brain. He has had issues sense he returned from bagdad 8 years ago. He is convalescing here from brain surgery and the leg issue which will require surgery later too. Bringing him home to Canada was an ordeal.

So for a break from the distress and strain I am here, I am going to watch the films and respond, and hopefully things will settle and i can join back in once again in the dv/uwol challenge next month!!

Dale

Markus Nord November 10th, 2012 02:24 PM

Re: Hello Friends

Hi Dale, nice to se you back... Sad too here about your son, I hope it works out good for you all.
Hope too se you in the next challenge.

Mike Sims November 10th, 2012 03:11 PM

Best wishes Dale. I've been missing seeing your videos. I hope things work out next time.

Annie Haycock November 10th, 2012 03:29 PM

Guess that puts my complaint about too much work keeping me off the site into perspective! This is my first time here for a while, and I'd completely missed yet another UWOL challenge. One of my cameras hasn't been out of its bag for a year. The others have been used only in the course of other (non-creative) work.

Hope everythings turns out ok Dale.

Bryce Comer November 10th, 2012 11:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your son Dale,
I hope everything works out well, & looking forward to seeing another of your films here soon.
Regards,
Bryce

Trond Saetre November 11th, 2012 07:25 AM

All the best for your son, Dale!
Best wishes :)

Dale Guthormsen November 11th, 2012 10:16 AM

Annie, and friends,

thanks everyone.

You know it is never about finding time, there is always time to find.
The real problem is getting up the enthusiasm enough to actually start and complete the job!!! I have never had that problem in the past. So many interferences in the last year I didn't even get the cameras out for the falcons.
so I now understand why others can't seem to complete, never got that before!

See you at the dv/uwol charity challenge.

dale

Lorinda Norton November 15th, 2012 01:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the trauma with your son, but glad to know that he is recovering. That's a lot to handle, Dale.

We're haggling over details on the charity challenge but will post a sign-up soon.

Mick Jenner November 16th, 2012 03:33 AM

Hi Dale,

Sorry I missed this when you first posted, but I am pleased to hear that things now appear to be under control and hopefully moving forward for your son in a positive way. Having had serious health problems ourselves and within the family over the past 3 years we can fully appreciate what you have been going through.
Its good that you are now able to make time to get back to filming and also watching a few clips posted on this and in the other forums.

Great to have you back

Mick.

Bob Safay November 17th, 2012 08:54 AM

Dale, I am sorry to hear about your son. It seems that breaking his leg really turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I sincerely hope he has a speedy and full recovery. Bob

Dale Guthormsen November 27th, 2012 08:48 AM

Good Morning,

Thank you everyone,

Our last visit to the cancer center was a God send!! It appears that the surgery was so good that Ryan will not need radiation or chemo therpy. For an aggressive malignant tumor that is just staggering, apparently unusual!! He will be having leg surgery down the road, but that is small stuff in the big picture!!
He has a long road to travel but at least it seems pretty bright ahead!!!

Needless to say Sheila and I have had a huge anxeity lifted and things are kind of back to normal other than looking after ryan but he is becoming more self reliant all the time and I can actually leave him alone and not be worrying all the time!!

I am planning to get back on the cameras!!

thanks again.

Bob Safay November 27th, 2012 11:09 AM

Dale, that is wonderful news. Please keep us posted. Now you can really enjoy the holidays. Bob

Marj Atkins November 28th, 2012 07:28 AM

Wonderful news about Ryan Dale!! Been missing your friendly posts around here - Good to have you back!

Marj.

Markus Nord November 28th, 2012 12:51 PM

That's a super nice yearly Xmas gift!
Now you can wish for some camera gear for Xmas insted ;)

Bill Thesken November 28th, 2012 06:02 PM

Dale, best wishes to you and your family, and also looking forward to seeing another one of your fine films.