Collaborative #2: UWOL Around the World - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old August 31st, 2013, 06:11 AM   #121
Major Player

Re: Collaborative #2: UWOL Around the World

Trond good to see an extension. Will be busy harvesting for another couple weeks.
Thanks.

Gordon
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #122
Trustee

Hi there - how is everybody doing?

How is the progress of this project going?
Hope there will be many who are part of it.
The deadline is still set to 31 October?
Do you have a solution for uploading?
Old October 19th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #123
Inner Circle

Status update for the project:

The CC members (Paul W, Mike and myself) have all had some "setbacks" lately. Some have lost family members, Paul is in the process of moving across the world, and I have become involved in helping a friend in the recovery process for some health issues, which takes up a lot of my time.
(Won't share details in an open forum, but CC members know more details)

Anyway, this has caused delays. (again, unfortunately)

The bright side:
Mike has done some experimenting with old uwol films from the archive. So far, we see that transforming uwol films from the submitted file size / image resolution into a HD project, gives challenges. Some files in the archive is also corrupted, so hopefully the uwol members still have their original films.

The bottom line is:
The project is still alive, and will go forward.

We kindly ask for understanding for some further delays, and hope that the CC will be able to get back on track within the middle of November. Due to the delays, we are also considering if the December challenge should be included, as the June and September challenges was.

We are also thinking about maybe go away from "deadlines for people to submit", and instead directly approach those who initially stated interest in the project.
Something like "Geir Inge, we would like to use xx sequence from your uwol entry yy".

We will keep you updated, and if anyone has questions, feel free to ask anytime.

Trond
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2015, 07:49 PM   #124
Trustee

Hi all,
Well this is my first post on this subject. Not sure where i was while all this was going on, but clearly i didn't have the time then to put to this sort of project.
I do recall seeing some posts about it though, just couldn't add anything to it at the time.
Last night though, for what ever reason, i was thinking about a collaborative project & had an idea. I am sorry if this has already been suggested in this thread, i haven't actually read all the posts.
My idea was to have a year long project that everyone would contribute to by means of the usual quarterly UWOL challenges. If before we started, everyone could have input in to the theme & what we would like to achieve for a film, then we would have a solid plan & a common goal. Each different challenge would be done just like it is now, only the theme would be chosen by everyone to fit with the overall theme. Each challenge if you like would be like a sequence in the overall film. Of course, for each challenge there would still be winners voted for, & perhaps the winners films would be part of the overall film.
By organising things like this, i thought it might be easier to come up with a project that would flow well, & should be relatively easy to edit together since there would be a common plan right from the start.
Anyway, just a thought.
Regards,
Bryce
Old March 2nd, 2015, 03:19 AM   #125
Inner Circle

That is an interesting idea. Maybe it would be easier to complete a "long form" / collaborative project the way you describe it.

I am definitely open to try again if there is interest in it.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge