DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Thank you Lorinda (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/521842-thank-you-lorinda.html)

Marj Atkins February 24th, 2014 12:10 PM

Thank you Lorinda

Just to say how much we appreciate the time and trouble you have put into running this Challenge Lorinda. We are aware that you have been battling to keep up with all your other commitments an yet you have given us an extra year of your time!!.

Your themes have always been pretty challenging - made us think - and your amazingly detailed feedback has been so helpful, constructive and encouraging. Thank you.

Well done Trond - I think you will do a very good job here. UWOL is your love.

If you get to a point where inspiration for themes run out remember you have dozens of players who would gladly throw a few ideas into the pot which may help.

One major bonus for some of us is that the theme will be announced according to GMT and will arrive AM rather than late PM! :)

Chris Hurd February 24th, 2014 12:31 PM

Re: Thank you Lorinda

Well stated, Marj -- thank you very much for posting this!

Lorinda Norton February 24th, 2014 01:13 PM

Aw, thank you, Marj! I can't tell you how much I appreciated the very helpful input from you and fellow UWOLers Mike Sims and more. That's the kind of involvement that will keep Meryem's creation thriving and growing. I'll be watching for more masterpieces!! :)

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-cha...challenge.html

Trond Saetre February 24th, 2014 02:41 PM

A big thank you to Lorinda!
You have done well supervising UWOL, and I'm proud and lucky to take over the steering wheel after you.
Don't be a stranger, and sign up for the challenges whenever you have time!

Paul Wood February 24th, 2014 02:44 PM

I'd like to add my thanks to those of Marj.

Thank you, Lorinda, for the UWOLs I've had the pleasure of getting involved with over the last couple of
years !
Now over to Trond, who I'm sure will do an excellent job!

Mike Sims February 25th, 2014 08:03 AM

Thanks, Lorinda, for riding herd on all us unruly UWOLers. Best wishes for your future endeavors. Thank-you mostly for being such a good friend.

Geir Inge February 25th, 2014 02:45 PM

Dearest Lorinda.
You have guided us through many great rounds of Uwol.
Thank you very much for the excellent job you have done for us.

Gordon Hoffman February 28th, 2014 01:45 PM

I'll have to add my thanks to Lorinda and it has been passed on into good hands.
Thanks.

Gordon

Mick Jenner February 28th, 2014 01:49 PM

A big thank you to Lorinda from me as well.

Meryem Ersoz March 1st, 2014 10:39 AM

Adding my voice to all of the appreciation for Lorinda's work with UWOL....it has been wonderful to have someone with such a gentle, good-humored leadership style at the helm of this thing. It's great to see this forum still alive, helping players to master their craft, after all this time. Thank you, Lorinda, for seeing the value and doing a great job of keeping the UWOL spirit alive.

And also a thank you to Trond for receiving the torch from her. Personally, I'm happy to have someone from half a globe away taking over this thing - it has always been a very international endeavor, and it's good to have one of our awesome Norwegians as the new face of UWOL. The passion which Norwegians have for nature and outdoors shooting has always embodied the spirit of the contest, for me. Good luck, Trond. It's a pleasure to see the contest still moving forward.

Chris Hurd March 1st, 2014 10:47 AM

My thoughts exactly, Meryem -- well said and much appreciated!

Dale Guthormsen March 1st, 2014 12:45 PM

lorinda,

Words do not really protray the appreciation that those of us feel that have followed the development of the uwol challenge sense its inception, meryem, Lorinda and now Tronde. It is great to see and know such dedicated people. thank you all!!!

Dale Guthormsen

Bryce Comer March 1st, 2014 03:20 PM

From me too, thanks Lorinda. Without all the very generous people that have run & continue to run this contest there simply wouldn't be one. Thanks to you all.
Bryce

Bill Thesken March 4th, 2014 06:24 PM

Thanks Lorinda for all your help the past couple of years. Hopefully we'll see some more of your Westerns in the UWOL screening room.