DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL29 - Sunrise and Sunsets by Trond Saetre (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/522538-uwol29-sunrise-sunsets-trond-saetre.html)

Trond Saetre April 2nd, 2014 02:35 AM

UWOL29 - Sunrise and Sunsets by Trond Saetre

This is an unofficial entry for the UC29, and not part of the judging process.

If anyone thought it should be an advantage to both deside the theme and make a film, think again.
Took a long while before I even found an idea... which had to be changed due to weather.
Luckily the sunsets the last days before deadline cooperated very well, so I ended up just filming a sunrise and a couple sunsets 3 days in a row. At least the colors were pretty cool.

Gordon Hoffman April 3rd, 2014 06:37 AM

Re: UWOL29 - Sunrise and Sunsets by Trond Saetre

Hi Trond. You can't go wrong with colourful sunrises and sunsets. A few jumps in your shots though.

Gordon

Trond Saetre April 3rd, 2014 09:40 AM

Thanks, Gordon. And yes, I am painfully aware of the jumps and bumps.

Marj Atkins April 3rd, 2014 09:52 AM

I agree Trond - you have such beautiful landscapes and the colours of dawn and dusk are equally beautiful. Not good when the weather does not co-operate.

Mike Sims April 3rd, 2014 02:15 PM

Hey, Trond. I’m glad you posted this. It’s always nice to have a few pretty sunrises and sunsets in the bag for whenever you might need them. What focal length are you using? That’s a nice choice of music. Which Smartsound album/clip is that?

Andrew Hood April 3rd, 2014 07:48 PM

Nice to have the extra film even if unofficial. Great landscapes, very dreamy quality to the drifting sun. The nearly black and white hillsides/mountains offset the brightly coloured Sun as a feature - thanks for sharing. Makes me hope winter is kind to us here - eg. I can actually ski more than a couple of times. I might even get to have snow in a UWOL entry of mine.
The camera must have been shivering from the sheer cold ;-)

Mick Jenner April 4th, 2014 04:08 AM

You can't beat a good good sunrise to start the day and definitely a good sunset and beer in hand to finish the day.

Great you took time to enter these

Mick

Trond Saetre April 4th, 2014 04:22 AM

Marj,
Thank you for the comments. Weather has been crazy so far this year. So when we finally got an impressive 8 days in a row with sunshine (first days without rain or snow this year), there was only one thing to do: Get the camera up and running as soon as possible.

Mike,
I didn't pay so much attention to the focal length, but since I used about "medium" zoom on my XF300, I guess around 2-300mm. Aperture was around 4-5.6 if my memory is correct. I also had -3dB and used the internal ND filters.
I'll check the Smartsound clip when I get back to my own computer.

Andrew,
Thank you for the feedback. Would be cool to see a winter film from you sometime. :)

Mick,
You are so right about that.

Paul Wood April 4th, 2014 12:13 PM

Trond,
As other have commented, a nice selection of sunrises and sunsets - aways nice to see!

Trond Saetre April 4th, 2014 11:37 PM

Thank you for the comment, Paul.

Geir Inge April 5th, 2014 05:40 AM

Thank you for sharing your sunshine with us, Trond.

Finn Yarbrough April 5th, 2014 07:47 PM

Lovely! I especially enjoyed the mountainous shots in that narrow valley. That's a place I'd like to visit.

Trond Saetre April 6th, 2014 04:10 AM

Thank you Geir Inge and Finn for your comments.