My December diversion - from #32 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old January 20th, 2015, 11:20 PM   #1
Major Player

My December diversion - from #32

Before even starting filming for UWOL 32 I was 'busy' in the first half of the month shooting bits for a competition to win one of 10 spots to be flown to Tropical Queensland and make a video - the ultimate winner getting $20k in prizes. Seemed worth the effort - I probably should have put more in really - but in normal fashion didn't leave lots of time to finessing the edit.

I also feel bad - I didn't realise the competition was open beyond the Australian shores till it was practically over, otherwise I would have posted about it here - i'm sure there would be some interest, and probably plenty of footage you could draw on for an entry.

I did use a few snippets from UWOL #29 in there, but specifically filmed in both Morwell National Park and Tarra Bulga National Park (other sections to #29 entry) to make it tailored to the rainforest theme. There were other themes, but thought this one resonated batter for me and was more achievable to get something put together in the time. Submitted on the 21st, so that left about 2 weeks for UWOL - but that's normal for me anyway.

Whoever gets the most votes automatically gets a top 10 spot, but I suspect some of the entrants who regularly make videos for their blogs will take that spot. Although some votes probably won't go astray.

The entry page is here if you're willing to boost my chances (voting is through facebook likes - so no specific signups/personal information, you just need facebook):
In the Rainforest | Paradise Through Your Lens | Tropical North Queensland

But if you just want to see the clip off Youtube it's below - can't say it's my best work (or maybe it is and I have no gauge?)... well I hope to outdo that in future, and especially if I get the chance to go.

Last edited by Andrew Hood; January 20th, 2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Clarifying voting is via facebook
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: My December diversion - from #32

I guess I am too late to vote for you now. Didn't notice the voting part earlier.
Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing. It's a spectacular scenery you have in your area.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge