DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 33 - Theme (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/527088-uwol-33-theme.html)

Trond Saetre March 1st, 2015 12:56 AM

UWOL 33 - Theme

Let the fun begin!

Early or late there are a few moments during the day which might bring some magic light conditions.

Theme: GOLDEN HOURS!

Deadline:
March 31, midnight wherever you are.

Submission:
When you are ready to submit your entry, send an email to uwol@dvinfo.net to request the upload details for our UWOL Vimeo site.

Bring it! And pay close attention to rule 11! :)

Marj Atkins March 1st, 2015 01:27 AM

Re: UWOL 33 - Theme

Oh boy - have to get up early!! At least we have sunset too.

Best light for filming wildlife and nature ever!

Now just to find a subject other than a sunrise or sunset!

Thanks Trond.

Paul Wood March 1st, 2015 01:53 AM

Nice theme, Trond!

Now to get the thinking cap on!

Mick Jenner March 1st, 2015 04:04 AM

Would time lapsing the goldfinches on my garden feeder for an hour and compressing to 4 minutes count as a golden hour lol !

Great theme Trond, looking forward to the challenge

Gordon Hoffman March 1st, 2015 06:56 AM

Good one Trond. This one should give everyone something to work with. I just have to figure out what that will be.
Thanks.

Gordon

Kevin Railsback March 1st, 2015 08:26 AM

Great theme Trond!

Golden hours doesn't have to mean the first and last light of the day
Anytime I'm filming in nature is a golden hour!

Trond Saetre March 1st, 2015 08:29 AM

As always the theme can be interpreted wildly.
Use your imaginations.

Marj Atkins March 1st, 2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback (Post 1878329)
Great theme Trond!

Golden hours doesn't have to mean the first and last light of the day
Anytime I'm filming in nature is a golden hour!

You got to be kidding? Ditch the theme and film any time you like? Yeh right. :)

Kevin Railsback March 1st, 2015 04:29 PM

Yep Marj, could be at anytime.

The last hours with my dog Sadie as she was dying from liver cancer were golden hours.
Doesn't mean the films have to be anything about light.

Bryce Comer March 1st, 2015 07:24 PM

Another great theme thanks Trond, Looking forward to finding some time to commit to this one!
Have fun everyone!!

Geir Inge March 3rd, 2015 03:15 AM

The golden hour, also called the blue hour, is considered special because of the light quality at this time of day, and both the expression and the natural phenomenon it refers to, being widely used in artistic context and in popular culture. I think that although the definition has the main focus is on the twilight, the artistic aspect will give us many opportunities for different angles.
Good choice of theme and thanks for the challenge it provides.

Marj Atkins March 3rd, 2015 08:02 AM

Not so sure that is one hundred percent correct Geir. My understanding is that the sun is just above the horizon in the golden hours and the sun is just below the horizon in the blue hours. You can still see the beautiful red colours of the sun during the blue hours but the sun itself is no longer visible. It probably doesn't matter for the challenge though.

Actually the two together make dawn and dusk which is a wonderful time to see daytime wildlife heading for bed and night time creatures waking up. The dawn chorus is amazing. Some animals (crepuscular animals) are mainly active at this time.

This theme has the potential for interesting stories but is also a theme that lends itself to doing a simple music video with beautiful images making the most of the magic light. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Geir Inge March 3rd, 2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marj Atkins (Post 1878589)
Not so sure that is one hundred percent correct Geir. My understanding is that the sun is just above the horizon in the golden hours and the sun is just below the horizon in the blue hours. You can still see the beautiful red colours of the sun during the blue hours but the sun itself is no longer visible. It probably doesn't matter for the challenge though.

Actually the two together make dawn and dusk which is a wonderful time to see daytime wildlife heading for bed and night time creatures waking up. The dawn chorus is amazing. Some animals (crepuscular animals) are mainly active at this time.

This theme has the potential for interesting stories but is also a theme that lends itself to doing a simple music video with beautiful images making the most of the magic light. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I read you Marj. I guess we have different understanding of the concept, it will be exciting and I look forward to see the results :)

Vishal Jadhav March 3rd, 2015 12:35 PM

Guess I am late on a reply ,

Was travelling did read the topic

Reading the topic had 2 distinct things cropping in my mind at same time
Yeeee - need to shoot the best light making everything beautiful
Oops - what can be a story ?

Just landed back home after a road trip of 2000 kms

The irony of the day topic was announced it rained 14 hours at my home town ruining any sun visibility in the golden light hours. Lucky I was not home.

Need to think of a story line if I can come up with one .

vishal