DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   The UWOL Challenge #1 Official Sign-Up Thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/82318-uwol-challenge-1-official-sign-up-thread.html)

Meryem Ersoz December 22nd, 2006 09:13 AM

The UWOL Challenge #1 Official Sign-Up Thread

Book those travel arrangements, charge those batteries, because it's time to get committed for real.

Challenge begins: January 1st - the theme will be posted
Challenge closes: January 22 noon MST
Videos must be uploaded to our UWOL Challenge website. See the website for contest rules and upload details:

www.uwolchallenge.com

Extra special props to Mat Thompson for the web and logo design and to Kevin Railsback for hosting and development.

You will have three weeks to come up with the most stunning nature and outdoor footage ever!

And who is more fitting to serve as our guest judge than our local Emmy-winning producers? Your co-judges this month will be Jacques Mersereau and his co-producer Christie Vedejs:

Jacques Mersereau runs The University of Michigan's Digital Media Commons Video Studio; a black-box, experimental performance and television art theater, where he collaborates with a wide variety of artists developing innovative ideas and concepts. From there original live performances are staged and new media is created, but
his real passion is documenting the wonders of nature.

Christi Vedejs is a writer, videographer and video editor as well as an enthusiastic outdoorswoman and "bird nut". Her first feature-length documentary, "An Osprey Homecoming", aired on PBS in 2005 and garnered a Finalist Award at the 2005 International Wildlife Film Festival. Christi and her husband, Jacques Mersereau, recently received an Emmy Award for Best Photography in the Program category for their videography work in the film. Christi also received an Emmy Nomination in the Writer-Program category for "An Osprey Homecoming".

Winning an award judged by these two Emmy winners will really give you something to brag about! Nice!

*Note: the judges' special interest areas don't give any clues about the forthcoming theme!

Per Johan Naesje December 22nd, 2006 09:27 AM

Meryem, I'm in, looking forward to the theme on January 1.!

Going to charge all my batteries and get my gear ready...

Grant Sherman December 22nd, 2006 09:29 AM

Count me in, although I'm stuck on this island until February. Be kind with the theme ;-)

Kevin Railsback December 22nd, 2006 10:09 AM

Add my name to the list!

Lisa Shofner December 22nd, 2006 11:31 AM

Count me in too!

Ken Diewert December 22nd, 2006 11:53 AM

Meryem,

Are you kidding. I'm leaving for a month on January 8th. Do you know how busy I am during that last week.

I'm in. I couldn't miss the first ever UWOL Challenge!

Don't expect much though! It may be a 3-minute shot of one of those singing bass mounted on a plaque.

Great Logo and site BTW!

Cody Lucido December 22nd, 2006 11:55 AM

Sign me up! :)

Gabriel Yeager December 22nd, 2006 12:04 PM

Punished?

Is there a punishment for not getting a film in in-time?

If there is not one, then you can count me in. But if there is, then I might not enter. Due to the lack of transportation to actually SEE wildlife.

~Gabriel

Chris Barcellos December 22nd, 2006 12:15 PM

I'm always in. Do ants on my sink board count as wildlife ??

Meryem Ersoz December 22nd, 2006 12:41 PM

gabriel, isn't the essence of filmmaking getting a bunch of reluctant people to do what you want? if you can't get the parents to do your bidding, how do you expect to order a crew around?

the only punishment is if you *don't* sign up! let me know your preferred form of punishment, and i'll be happy to administer it.

and what makes you think that the first prompt has anything to do with wildlife, hmm? take a chance, lad!

Gabriel Yeager December 22nd, 2006 12:57 PM

you got a good point Meryem! Thanks. You can count me in!

As for the punishment, I was just afraid that if I did not submit my video this time, that I would not be able to enter next time. That would not be cool.

Thanks!
~Gabriel

Nick Ambrose December 22nd, 2006 01:19 PM

Count me in!

Brendan Marnell December 22nd, 2006 01:43 PM

and me, God help us!

Henry Gray December 22nd, 2006 02:42 PM

I'll have a go. Just bought an XL2 and dont have a clue how to work it.

Geir Inge December 22nd, 2006 03:56 PM

Count me in :-)