DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Tick Tock Tick Tock....Last Call! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/84519-tick-tock-tick-tock-last-call.html)

Meryem Ersoz January 22nd, 2007 09:56 AM

Tick Tock Tick Tock....Last Call!

closing our doors in 3 hours.

if you think it can't be done, think again! i shot and uploaded a DV Challenge video in 3 hours.

your back yard/rooftop/local park awaits you!

23 entries so far.

bring on those panicky last-minute deadline-crunchers....

Dylan Couper January 22nd, 2007 10:11 AM

I totally sank myself on this one. Had a great idea that I had to wait for the right conditions for... waited... waited... then in the last week came down with the flu and the conditions have been perfect since. Baaaah!

Meryem Ersoz January 22nd, 2007 10:23 AM

ah, that miserable, miserable flu...been there, had that....i'm extremely sympathetic, but--

clap him in chains and throw him to the sharks! arrr, matey!

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...888#post610888

Bradley L Marlow January 22nd, 2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
I totally sank myself on this one. Had a great idea that I had to wait for the right conditions for... waited... waited... then in the last week came down with the flu and the conditions have been perfect since. Baaaah!

Dylan? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (with lots of echo). Bummer! I was really hoping to see your entry.

Get well soon.

Best wishes~
Bradley

Mike Teutsch January 22nd, 2007 01:47 PM

Had a great idea for this, but will save it for later, as I'm sure it will work into another.

I have been sooooo busy and when I wasn't it was raining. Shot 30+ hours of shooting stuff for others and none for myself. This free stuff is tough!!!!!

So, I'm in the tank on this one! I'll have to post a picture of myself in the shark tank of shame! One of the people I shot with is from Shark Attack Productions, so I'll see if I can get a good picture for our tank of shame.

Best of luck to all and I really am looking forward to seeing these.

By the way, I was going to do a last minute shoot and try to get done, but when I saw this thread, that ended that! Why is the deadline not 12:00 midnight like the DV Challenge? Noon on a workday makes very little sense!!

Thanks---Mike

Meryem Ersoz January 22nd, 2007 02:18 PM

it closes at noon because i have a six year old, that's why! i can't stay up until midnight to monitor deadlines, because i have to get up and schlep her off to kindergarten at 8 am. and between 2:45-8 pm in the after-school hours, i can't guarantee my availability for things. oh, and there's that nagging matter of a business to run....

so! thus a midday deadline is born....of course, this was set before i had the excellent assistance of kevin and mat, so when we start the first feedback thread, it can be placed back into consideration.....

Mike Teutsch January 22nd, 2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
it closes at noon because i have a six year old, that's why! i can't stay up until midnight to monitor deadlines, because i have to get up and schlep her off to kindergarten at 8 am. and between 2:45-8 pm in the after-school hours, i can't guarantee my availability for things. oh, and there's that nagging matter of a business to run....

so! thus a midday deadline is born....of course, this was set before i had the excellent assistance of kevin and mat, so when we start the first feedback thread, it can be placed back into consideration.....

I guess I can understand that, been there, but even Dylan does not get tooooo hung-up on the deadline. He usually checks it in the morning, or whenever he gets around to getting up!!!!! :)

I'll try to get one done for #2.

Mike

Meryem Ersoz January 22nd, 2007 02:42 PM

hung up? moi? i'm not hung up. tell you what. upload it by midnight tonight, and you can still make it. i dare ya!

Mike Teutsch January 22nd, 2007 02:46 PM

Quote:

hung up? moi? i'm not hung up. tell you what. upload it by midnight tonight, and you can still make it. i dare ya!

I wish, but I'll lose my light here very shortly and the place I need to shoot is 75 miles away, but next time I'll do my best to kick ass!

Mike

Meryem Ersoz January 22nd, 2007 02:57 PM

most excellent, looking forward to it!

Randall Allen January 22nd, 2007 05:14 PM

Oh....no!

Quote:

I hope you will extend that to me....I thought I still had 1/2 a day left for some reason. Oh well, its encoding now and I will see if I can get it in. twould be nice to actually finish one of these things. I've signed up for several DVCs and cant seem to pull my self off the wall, oh well at least with the shark tank I will get a much needed bath!

Randy

Mike Teutsch January 22nd, 2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Allen
oh well at least with the shark tank I will get a much needed bath!

Randy

Remember this is saltwater, so you will need to rinse off afterward! :)

Darryl Ahye January 22nd, 2007 08:11 PM

My roomate deleted my submission, I'm gonna try and reconstruct/upload right now. With luck I'll be done before 12 tonight.

Dale Guthormsen January 22nd, 2007 09:10 PM

meryem,

I to was waiting for certain conditions and opportunities to fall in place. It boiled down to the last day. we went out and got marginal footage INSPITE OF NOT HAVING THE WEATHER AS i HAD HOPED.
Anyway I wasn't going to bother entering but my wife said, " put it together and submit it, if everyone did that there would be no competition."

Of course I could not use footage shot in November when things were just about perfect. I wanted, 20 below, wind, blowing snow birds out in the weather fighting to survive, only to be hunted by predators too, and we think life is tuff!!

I am looking forward to the next one to be certain!!

Meryem Ersoz January 22nd, 2007 09:21 PM

i'd hang onto that wife, she's got some wisdom...i see she participates as well, since she's in the credits. wow, a wise woman who makes videos. lucky you.