Tales of Wonder and Woe: UWOL #2 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 15th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #46
Trustee

Marco,

I feel your pain... It took me longer to prep, convert, and upload my mpg1 file than it did to make the darn thing... Even with QT7, I couldn't get my Sorenson3 down to the necessary sub 50mb to make an uploadable .mov.

Thanks to Kevin Railsback, I did manage to get my mpeg uploaded, but it was pretty stressful.
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post
Marco,

I feel your pain... It took me longer to prep, convert, and upload my mpg1 file than it did to make the darn thing... Even with QT7, I couldn't get my Sorenson3 down to the necessary sub 50mb to make an uploadable .mov.

Thanks to Kevin Railsback, I did manage to get my mpeg uploaded, but it was pretty stressful.
Care to share ANY workflow. I have QT6 Pro, but it sees my PPRO2 AVIs as sheer crap, blocky, blotchy, pixelated crap...
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #48
Trustee

If anyone is having upload issues and you can upload it to your own website, shoot me a link and I'll grab it and upload it to the site.
Or email me and I'll set up a FTP account for you and you can upload directly to the site as well.
Mat's working hard to solve the upload issues but it's slow gowing dealing with tech support etc.
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #49
Wrangler

and please, if you guys want to discuss/vent, etc. about compression, can you move it to this thread? that way, everyone can benefit by keeping them in one orderly place.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=83805

this thread is for the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat stories....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Well, that's it. I finished shooting the last of mine this morning. A typical northeast Tennessee early spring morning....sun shining brightly and snowing up heck! I was shooting some early blooming spring wildflowers. I checked a week ago and they were not even up above ground. Then we had several days of 70 plus degree F weather and up they came! Then last night back down to 29 and who knows before the day is over. I kept hearing some wood ducks calling (this was beside a large, wooded stream), but I couldn't figure out where they were. I finally located them 60 feet up on a limb of a large Sycamore tree. Seems an odd place for a duck no matter how many times I see this. Now to the editing!

Rick
Rick A. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:39 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Well, that's that one finished. I didn't manage to get all the shots that I wanted but it'll do.

The lens should be on its way back to Canon for repair. I dropped the camera as I was crossing a stile. It fell 6ft on to grass where the lens parted company with the camera. (Still having nightmares!) Thanks for the comments.

Brendan: the 501HDV head is doing well. I only got to use it for two days but all the shots for the challenge were taken with it. I need to get the 501plong plate to go with it. It doesn't quite achieve balance with the supplied plate.
Old March 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #52
Trustee

Well, I've been out since around sunrise and just got back in about 11 hours later.

Hopefully I've shot enough to be able to put something together.
Old March 18th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #53
Trustee

Well I got the video shot, edited, added music and background sound, rendered it to 39 mb in Quicktime, and now....I can't figure out how to post it.
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #54
Major Player

Well guys/gals, sounds like I will be staying dry (sorry sharks, no food this time from me). I got everything shot today but one scene. I went out to film that scene and found out that it will not work the way I wanted it to. So now I have to do a little rewriting and find new locations'.

I just downloaded Avid Free DV so tomorrow I can start editing. Can't wait...
~Gabriel
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #55
Wrangler

way to go, dude. i mean, duuuuuuude! the day is already enhanced since young gabriel is headed toward the finish line.

very nice!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #56
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Yeager View Post
Well guys/gals, sounds like I will be staying dry (sorry sharks, no food this time from me). I got everything shot today but one scene. I went out to film that scene and found out that it will not work the way I wanted it to. So now I have to do a little rewriting and find new locations'.

I just downloaded Avid Free DV so tomorrow I can start editing. Can't wait...
~Gabriel
Bravo Gabriel!

When you're done you can have your lightsaber back.
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #57
Major Player

Thanks Meryem. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post
Bravo Gabriel!

When you're done you can have your lightsaber back.
Haha, thanks Ken. Next I would expect to see a Japanese katana, now we're talkin'!

Almost done! Just got to get the las scene in (go away you dumb clouds!)...
~Gabriel
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #58
Major Player

Everyone keeps complaining about clouds and cold. I'm WISHING there were some clouds as I battle 96F out here - forget about shade, palm trees are no help.

Entry is almost done though, but still trying to compress it for upload. Should be fine, as soon as I get some more time - glad I have the little time extension to work with at least.

Some day I'll remember that if i'm out from 1-5pm, bring sunscreen no matter what the weather guys say.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:35 PM   #59
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Shofner View Post
Everyone keeps complaining about clouds and cold. I'm WISHING there were some clouds as I battle 96F out here - forget about shade, palm trees are no help.

Some day I'll remember that if i'm out from 1-5pm, bring sunscreen no matter what the weather guys say.
I hear you! I shot all day yesterday at the lake on the Waverunner - temp 90+, sunny, I'm red hot like a friggin' lobster!!!! The water temp was 52, so not super fun either, lol...
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM   #60
Inner Circle

Good evening,

Meryem emailed to tell me I got mine downloaded, that was a relief. I spent several evenings and most of the two times. I did not get all the shots I had hoped. We fought heavy winds each day. I went back to a site to get my final shot and in the two weeks time from first shot to last shot the view had deteriorated, or my mind built it up better than it actually was!!! So off hunting we went for something similar.
Weather has been exceptionally variable.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge