DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   A Big Thanks To UWOL#1 Participants Who Gave Me Permission (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/89660-big-thanks-uwol-1-participants-who-gave-me-permission.html)

Bruce Foreman March 22nd, 2007 10:23 PM

A Big Thanks To UWOL#1 Participants Who Gave Me Permission

I had emailed some of you and asked your permission to show your UWOL#1 entries at a local photo club meeting.

I'm the program chair for that club and had a guest speaker for March 10 reschedule on me, I needed a program, fast.

So I emailed seven of you whose entries I felt our club members would be able to relate to as far as good photography goes. All I emailed granted permission and a few even made a higher resolution version available.

After the business portion of our meeting, I talked for a few minutes, explaining the "video challenge" concept, the rules we do this by here, the need to observe fully any intellectual property rights involved (and at this point I described asking for and receiving permission for each movie I was about to show to indicate how I applied the concept of respecting others copyrights), and then we dimmed the lights and the show was on.

Now I did not have time to show all entries we all submitted, viewed and commented on. I wish I had because every one of them was worth showing to this club, so I had only requested permission of seven of you and only showed those entries.

The Concho Valley Photography Club has folks at all levels: 3 of us are retired pros, we have several skilled advanced amateurs, and a bunch of beginners showing a lot of promise. All were enthralled by what was shown, there were a lot of questions afterwards, and many comments about the skills exhibited.

So the net effect was the same as if seven of you had come to the meeting as guest/program speakers and I thank you very much.

BTW I projected these to about 3x7 feet on a matte white screen using an 800x600 pixel projector hooked up as an external monitor on my HP notebook computer. Even the under 50MB .mov files I used on some of them looked quite good projected.

Sorry about taking so long to do this feedback.

Bruce Foreman

Per Johan Naesje March 23rd, 2007 12:15 AM

Bruce, I'm pleased to hear that this turned out well. I know how it feels as a chairman when a speaker cancelling short time before deadline!

Nice to hear that the films show up well on the projector. Whish I could have been there!
Don't hesitate to ask me any other time...

Best;

Geir Inge March 23rd, 2007 04:01 AM

Thank you Bruce for asking and giving feedback.
Nice to hear your club meeting went all well.
I wish you good luck on Uwol#2.
Now I'm on my way to the dentist (ouuuch).

- Geir Inge B. Brekke, Norway

Bradley L Marlow May 9th, 2007 03:15 AM

Thank you Bruce

I'm glad everything went well at the photo club meeting and was honored to be asked. I'll bet it was a great time. Here's to The Concho Valley Photography Club!