DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #2: "Extreme What?" by Cat Russell (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/89769-uwol-2-extreme-what-cat-russell.html)

Catherine Russell March 23rd, 2007 07:47 PM

UWOL #2: "Extreme What?" by Cat Russell

Hi everyone. Thanks for your input! I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with!

My movie is "Extreme What?" and can be found at:

http://www.uwolchallenge.com/challen...xtremewhat.mov

Congratulations to all, and thanks for the review.

Cat

Bruce Foreman March 23rd, 2007 08:54 PM

Extremely imaginative!

I had no idea what to expect from the title and you took me completely by surprise.

Gave me a few chuckles and I found it highly entertaining.

Bruce Foreman

Marco Wagner March 23rd, 2007 09:01 PM

I was completely thrown off by the title but compelled to watch to the end. Can you do my cat video, :-)

Catherine Russell March 24th, 2007 08:59 AM

Thanks for the input Bruce and Marco! Well that's one thing that has worked, throwing you off by the beginning, and a few chuckles to boot. Phew!

Marco does your cat sleep a lot? Have you seen the movie on You Tube... dog or chicken? It's very funny and worth seeing. Perhaps we can do something along those lines for your cat!

Thanks again for taking the time to review Extreme What.

I'm reviewing everyone's tonight.

All the best,

Cat

Chris Barcellos March 25th, 2007 02:15 AM

Catherine:

Opening credits ran a bit long and became a bit of distraction. You don't have to go a full 3 minutes, if you don't want to.

Film was imaginative and great fun though. Having come from a farm background, I was splitting a gut !

Mat Thompson March 25th, 2007 05:34 AM

Well.......blimey !! This is certainly a strange one and interesting to see some 'alternative recreation ;) !

I thought there was a little to much credit build up....I wanted to get down to the action quicker :)

Catherine Russell March 25th, 2007 08:53 AM

Thanks Mat and Chris:

This is good input. I was attempting to build suspense, but I think you can do this effectively in a shorter time frame. I'll remember that next time!

I'll get to yours soon!

Sincerely,

Cat

Ruth Happel March 25th, 2007 11:15 AM

Hi Cat,

Like others have said, the opening sequence was pretty long with the titles. But I really liked the theme- very unexpected and clever. And showing the walker going around the world on the globe was a clever plot device. This one really made me laugh.

Ruth

Gabriel Yeager March 25th, 2007 03:32 PM

I have tried to watch your video but nothing is happening. When I go to download it, it just downloads a link to the page unlike the other ones. And when I try to watch it in the browser, it does not work either...

So I will be back to leave my comments once it works again.

Sorry for the delay and I can not wait to see your film.
~Gabriel

Kevin Railsback March 25th, 2007 04:04 PM

Cat,
What a fun film!

Didn't catch the route on the globe till the 2nd time around as I was busy watching the challenge unfold before me. :)

I think you and Ruth are going to have to duke it out over best twist on theme. :)

Congrats on creating a entertaining film!
Very Creative!

James Hooey March 25th, 2007 08:14 PM

Cat,

Creatively speaking I thought this one was certainly the most humorous of the bunch! I loved the globe trail, the editing was pretty tight and good for laying out the story and no one else had goats as their recreational subject so uniqueness points galore.

Very fun.

James Hooey

Brian McKay March 25th, 2007 08:59 PM

Hello Cat:

That's much to extreme for me the chances of getting hurt or killed are much to high....

Good fun, a super twist on the theme...as others have mentioned the start up was a bit long.

I really enjoyed the overall film.

Brian

Geir Inge March 26th, 2007 10:29 AM

I loved this one Catherine.
It shows how different we are, seeking a theme for our films.
I think it wath's lifting this challenge to it's heights.
Thanks for giving me a laugh and a good time wathcing your video.

Marco Wagner March 26th, 2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Russell (Post 647411)
Marco does your cat sleep a lot? Have you seen the movie on You Tube... dog or chicken? It's very funny and worth seeing.

My cat is the dog (see breed "Ragdoll"), LOL. I'll look for that one on You Tube tonight.

Gabriel Yeager March 26th, 2007 12:37 PM

Hahahaha, that was a good video! It was very entertaining, and fun. Thanks for the laughs!

So how long did they actually walk?

Very nice job on editing. I liked the intro.

The goat at 01:41. It reminds me of my big dog! After petting him he then backs up and jumps on his back feet wanting to play. :)

it looks as if you had a bit of fun on this one. Thats what this is all about right? Having fun and learning?

I think you and Lisa are the ones that make this challenge more fun. Thanks for that!

Keep doing what you do, I can not wait to see more of your work!
~Gabriel