DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL#3 "By the Lake" by Trond Saetre (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/94666-uwol-3-lake-trond-saetre.html)

Trond Saetre May 22nd, 2007 06:33 AM

UWOL#3 "By the Lake" by Trond Saetre

The UWOL3 was a real challenge. Finding time in between all the work and other things to make the video, it wasn't easy.
So when I finally had both some time and something else than rain, I hurried out to get what I ended up with. (as a 3rd attempt). The best part, I had much fun both making it and finding "the perfect location".

The lake is close to where I grew up, and that area is (so far) untouched by people. So that will be my definition of "the wild" this time.

Hope you all will enjoy.
I'm looking forward to the feedback.

http://www.uwolchallenge.com/challen..._bythelake.mov

Per Johan Naesje May 22nd, 2007 07:38 AM

Hi Trond, you had some nice scenes in your film though I think you overused the same viewpoint a bit! You could have had some more from a "low angle" like your last picture at 01:07.
But as a 3rd attempt with little time left I think you made it good!

Trond Saetre May 22nd, 2007 07:48 AM

Per, thank you for the comments.
Yes it was all from almost the same place, and that is generally not a good thing to do. So you should have said I over used it A LOT, haha.

To make the last clip, I handheld the camera about 5cm (2 inches) above the water.

Geir Inge May 22nd, 2007 10:21 AM

Nice film you've put together, Trond.
This seems like a great place for trout fishing?
Beautiful landscape, it was, but I agreed with Per Johan, about variation on different angles. Thanks for sharing :)

Trond Saetre May 22nd, 2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir Inge (Post 683820)
This seems like a great place for trout fishing?

I have never seen anyone fishing in that lake, so I don't know if there are any fishes there or not.

Catherine Russell May 22nd, 2007 11:14 AM

Hi Trond:

Nicely done. Similar to Par, you set your mood very well. While Par's was so mysterious and spooky and wild, your film was peaceful many times over. That is a beautiful lake. Thank you.

Cat

Ruth Happel May 22nd, 2007 12:43 PM

This reminded me so much of a lake I know in the Adirondacks of upstate NY, so it was very evocative for me. I agree a few different camera angles would have been good- I really liked the very low shot- gave a totally different and immersive (hopefully not literally!) feel to the video. Thanks for sharing- it brought back lots of happy memories for me.

Ruth

Mat Thompson May 23rd, 2007 05:56 AM

Nice piece...I second per comment about slightly over used perspectives, that said what nice shots they were. I didn't get the feeling I really went anywhere or discovered much but more of a moving snapshot in time and a very relaxing one at that!

Rob Evans May 23rd, 2007 11:07 AM

ahhhh. lovely. I feel a sense of inner peace having watched that. NIcely filmed, beautifully set to an amazing piece of music, and the sequence between the gulls took on a real feeling of tenderness....

good film....

Trond Saetre May 23rd, 2007 12:10 PM

Thanks for all the comments.

Concidering this was the backup of my backup plan and I was in a hurry to get it done before sunset, it is great to still get such nice feedback from all of you for the video.

Catherine:
Very nice to hear you like it.

Mat:
The goal with this video was to just show some nice (in my eyes) scenery, as there was no time to make a story out of it.
So I understand very well that you didn't "went anywhere".
Hopefully I will be able to make a real and much better video for uwol4.

Ruth:
I'm glad that you like it and that I could bring back your happy memories.

Rob:
Often I find it hard to choose the right music.
So it was nice to hear you like it.

Gabriel Yeager May 23rd, 2007 10:12 PM

Man you guys in Norway have some sweet locations!

As its been stated, camera position changing would have been nice. But I still wanted more!!!! I love water, its my weakness. :D

Great stuff, keep up the good work!!

I think you got one fine video. I want to see more!
~Gabriel

Jeff Hendricks May 24th, 2007 12:35 AM

Beautiful lake, very tranquil and calm with nice slow transitions and crisp photography. I found all cares of my day slipping away...I will replay this during my meditations as it has that very meditative feel you get when sitting on the banks of a serene lake.

Thank you for the relaxation...

Jeff

Trond Saetre May 24th, 2007 05:57 AM

Gabriel:
You and me both, we love water.
Yes, you will see more... for uwol4. haha
Glad you liked it.

Jeff:
Amazing that my video can help you during meditations.
Glad I could give you some relaxation. We need that in our busy world.

Tom Schumann May 24th, 2007 03:12 PM

hi trond,

enjoyed being at that lake for a few minutes very much. how peaceful. i'd wish to have a spot like this anywhere near by. nice work.

Meryem Ersoz May 24th, 2007 03:46 PM

interesting how some folks are interpreting "the wild" as peace and serenity...
that's what's fun about this Challenge, always something new....