UWOL#3 - "The wild point" by Mat Thompson - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 24th, 2007, 05:35 AM   #16
Trustee

Cheers guys...As I've said this piece was by far the biggest challenge so far but I've also learnt the most by doing it!

Tom: Yeah actually my girlfriend asked whether I'd overlayed the 'gull glides'....no they were there, although the sounds are added after !

Bruce: I wanted the weather wild but it was certainly the hardest 'character' to put to tape.

Per : Getting the shots to look consistant was a real problem as I lost some part of every sequence to the wind....pans were just out of the question! I will check out that cut :)
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:14 AM   #17
Major Player

Mat...Good film man.

Love the music, the work you put into getting us intimate with the (I am guessing harbor seals). My favorite shot was where we see the waves crashing and then the close up of the dead crab getting washed away. Those are amazing animals...I imagingne that there were a few sharks patroling nearby such a crowded beach of tasty morsels! :)

Thanks for the film...can you put a tutorial of the best way to compress a film and put it onlie? (like the for dummies version)...I need help with that.

I really liked the music...did you use a loop program like Acid to make it?

good work,

Jeff
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #18
Trustee

Mat, this was a beautiful film with a remote and wild feel to it. Great visuals, audio sharp and clear with music that enhanced the mood.

Instead of repeating all the neat things others have said, I'll add my own high complement by asking your permission to screen this one for our local photography club. They sure enjoyed the last one.

Bruce Foreman

Oh yeah, that last shot of the seal giving you the "Who the heck are you?" look. Glad you included that.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #19
Major Player

Mat
Well in a way I'm glad that I'm not the only one who looses a lot of footage due to winds. Funny how it seems to happen in the shot you really need. I have to say considering the conditions you did very well to get what footage you got. It was a pleasure to watch well done.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge