DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #4 Theme Announcement - People Get Ready! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/97927-uwol-4-theme-announcement-people-get-ready.html)

Meryem Ersoz July 1st, 2007 07:01 AM

UWOL #4 Theme Announcement - People Get Ready!

yes, it's time to pay tribute to the membrane which ties all corners of the planet together, the elixir of life...let's explore the mysteries of--

WATER

go under it, in it, above it. camp next to it. slo mo it. stick your jib in it, right per?

but most of all....have fun with it.

entries will be judged as usual, for excellence of footage but also for how the theme is implemented.

Gordon Hoffman July 1st, 2007 07:40 AM

Meryem
Good timing! Temperature here is suppose to get into the 30's C this week.

Gordon Hoffman

Brian McKay July 1st, 2007 09:26 AM

Drill a hole in it, cut it into blocks, run and slide across it......

I like it, Thanks Meryem.

Brian

Gabriel Yeager July 1st, 2007 09:48 AM

Hahahaha..... Man, it happens every time.... I just got back from the Olympic north west a couple days ago... Went out on to a absolutely beautiful lake! And well I was at it, I saw three awesome waterfalls... If only this was announced BEFORE I went.. lol! All well.. Looks like I might be heading back out to the same lake I got my Crane footage from. :D

Great theme though! I can already predict where some will most likely go. Can't wait to see them!

I hope something will pop into my head.....

Best of luck everyone!!!
~Gabriel

Dale Guthormsen July 1st, 2007 09:56 AM

Meryem,

Great topic!!!

Brian I love your perspective!!!

Dale

Kevin Railsback July 1st, 2007 10:19 AM

Whoo Hoo! I'm sitting here in Laguna Beach watching the waves roll in.

Course, the hard part will be to turn it all into something meaningful.

Jim Montgomery July 1st, 2007 11:10 AM

WATER...you are kidding......That is really to bad, I am heading off to Panama Wednesday for 3 weeks of fishing. Thats right, the ocean, tropical rain forest, rivers.......

Now if I can just figure out what to do with it all !

Jim

Gabriel Yeager July 1st, 2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Montgomery (Post 705472)
WATER...you are kidding......That is really to bad, I am heading off to Panama Wednesday for 3 weeks of fishing. Thats right, the ocean, tropical rain forest, rivers.......

Now if I can just figure out what to do with it all !

Jim

Nice Jim!!! Have a great time on your trip!!!!

You too, Kevin!

~Gabriel

Geir Inge July 1st, 2007 01:48 PM

Maybe not that unexpectedly, but what a great theme Meryem :)

I wish everyone a great time in making something out of this topic and I'm also looking forward to watch your entries. Let's go out there and do some beautiful horizons, let the uwol-boat drift away carried by the wind and a sail filled with great ideas.

Geir Inge

Per Johan Naesje July 1st, 2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 705388)

WATER

go under it, in it, above it. camp next to it. slo mo it. stick your jib in it, right per?

but most of all....have fun with it.

LOL, for some reason I have been out by the shore done some filming today, before I was aware of the theme :-)

Nice theme, good luck to everyone!

Marco Wagner July 1st, 2007 02:58 PM

Water water everywhere....

oh yeah, yes, great timing indeed, muhah ahah a hah ah

Josef Heks July 2nd, 2007 12:41 AM

hmmm, definitely the potential for some great films here, but as for me Im not sure how much Ill be able to do, seeing as though Im not really anywhere near water. Might have to think creatively here...

Trond Saetre July 2nd, 2007 02:36 AM

Nice theme. This can be interesting.
Good luck to everyone.

Bob Safay July 2nd, 2007 04:33 AM

Oh GREAT, and I just got back from videoing Iguazu Falls in Brazil. Guess I can't use those clips. HA, just my luck. Bob

Meryem Ersoz July 2nd, 2007 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef Heks (Post 705718)
hmmm, definitely the potential for some great films here, but as for me Im not sure how much Ill be able to do, seeing as though Im not really anywhere near water. Might have to think creatively here...

whoa ho ho here...no excuses with this one, people, remember this is the membrane that binds the planet!...or as someone already said, "water water everywhere"...the possibilities are infinite. the problem isn't one of "not enough," the issue here is "too much" and finding an interesting and original angle....