Full apologies for missing the sign-up deadline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1
Trustee

Full apologies for missing the sign-up deadline

Hi UWOL friends:

It looks like I missed the sign-up this time. Tronde was kind to send me an email and ask what was up. I am amazed at how we all look out for each other in this group. Quite remarkable, and thank you!

All the best to the UWOL4 players, and I'll see if I can still submit a "disqualified" entry to still be in the loop. I know that rules are rules, so most likely I'll jump in again for UWOL 5.

There are no "fishes out of water" in this group! You are all great film-makers and you will hear from me in the reviews.

Sincerely,

Cat

P.S. Lisa, I'm glad you are back in this time. We need to support Ruth in the female entries and balance out all of these guys!
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Wrangler

yeah, we turned over a rock, and two other women popped out! welcome yvette and barbara to the fold. our numbers are practically doubling....

sorry you missed the sign-ups, cat, but i'm glad trond chased you down...it's nice to have a guy in norway watching your back!

yes, rules are rules, but we are okay with committed, regular players submitting occasional for-fun entries...so if you want to put something up, just let me know.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM   #3
Major Player

I'm glad to be back in the game again finally. I got most of my backlog of projects wrapped up and have learned a lot since the last contest. Looking forward to having a decent entry this time, outdoors and everything :)

One thing I've learned - you gotta plan, even for a documentary style video. Not just go shooting and figure something out afterwards.

Girlz rule! ;-)
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:18 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Shofner View Post

One thing I've learned - you gotta plan, even for a documentary style video. Not just go shooting and figure something out afterwards.
you do?? oh dear...
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
you do?? oh dear...

Maybe I should have said that " I " have to plan before I go out, or I end up with a bunch of stuff that is useless (which is what happened to my first try on UWOL1).
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
yeah, we turned over a rock, and two other women popped out! welcome yvette and barbara to the fold. our numbers are practically doubling....
Count me in on the girl group.

I was planning on spending the holiday paddling anyway, I was so thrilled when the theme turned out to be water. I'm taking it as a good sign that my first uwol theme fit me so well.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:33 PM   #7
Wrangler

whoops, sorry kris! you're such a familiar DV Challenge pardner, that i overlooked your spanky new entry into this neck o' the woods!

so yeah, we doubled our numbers! woo hoo. six! and a guest appearance by cat, who was asleep at the wheel during our sign up period...so seven.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge