Tales of Wonder and Woe: UWOL #5 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old September 18th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #91
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trond Saetre View Post
Very nice photos, Per Johan!
Reminds me that I have to bring both my shorts and winter clothes when going to Hardangervidden (another mountain plateu in Norway, a bit south of where Per Johan's musk oxes live) this weekend.

I'm looking forward to see your next musk ox film.
Thanks Trond, the weather is changing dramatically rapid in the mountains this time of year. But I think you can leave your shorts at home ;-)

Good luck with your entry Trond!
Old September 21st, 2007, 11:52 AM   #92
Inner Circle

Good morning,

Like several of you this time of year is totally socked in for me. I have also been having to commute to work for the first time in my life which takes a huge chunk out of my day as well, uggg.
I carried my camera and did some shooting on the way home a couple times. I had one afternoon where i had a couple free hours and i went out and got a little bit of footage. When i got home I had one hour to put it all together.
One of my bits of footage is a very rare bit of footage. I will tell the story of getting it after it has been viewed. A little hint, it shows some real speed even though it has been slowed down dramaticly.

Wishing i had spent more time on this one !!!!!
Old September 21st, 2007, 01:27 PM   #93
Major Player

So you want to film a baby....

That was my first train of thought. Spent three weeks getting all the necessary permissions from doctors, hospitals, mothers to be, and so on down the line. Finally had evething set....ran off to pack up my gear and wait for a phone call; and no batteries for my backup cam. Left all the A gear in Montana where I had just begun a hunting series.

Cancel plan A and its off to the tank.

But wait after reading over and over Kevins post about passion, and a little help from coffee (will explain later) a new plan was hatched. Grabbed a long extension cord and the AC adapter and I was back in business.

Thanks Kevin for reminding us what this is really all about.

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:27 PM   #94
Trustee

Glad I was able to give you that extra push!

If I can get something done late on Sunday, it's gonna be down and dirty but it'll have passion.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:51 AM   #95
Trustee

Passionate down and dirty.....oooooo errrrrrr! I think your getting your genre's confused now Mr Railsbach ;-)
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 03:02 PM   #96
Wrangler

some good news!

i snagged my mammals today! not my most brilliant effort, but hey they're mammals....it's hard to get good footy of mammals when you're dragging a child and a dog along....i'm going to have to knock out most of the audio which consists of me saying things like, "no no stay back. i said NO! ok be quiet you guys. violet, i said SIT!" considering the circumstances, i managed to get one or two decent shots...the dog insisted on a cameo.

i woulda left the dog at home, but since i had to bring my daughter anyway, why not make it a real Challenge!! and drag the whole gang along to spook the critters....actually props to them both, they were fairly well-behaved.

it will be short but what is most exciting to me, personally, is that this will be my first footage shot for the Challenge--everything else i have posted was shot in the Challenge time frame but for some other project. i'm always happy when i can get something tossed together. who knew that running it would leave so little time to play?
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge