Info about last UWOL for 2007...and what to expect in 2008! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:40 AM   #1
Wrangler

Info about last UWOL for 2007...and what to expect in 2008!

First, this next Challenge, UWOL #6, will be the last one of 2007. Sign up thread will be posting this week, starting Wednesday. (yipes so soon?)--so that we can announce the last theme for 2007 on November 1. Rest assured, we will end on a most interesting note....

Then we will take a short hiatus. We ran 6 Challenges this year beginning in January of 2007. For 2008, the current plan is to resume in February, rather than January, so that we will be shooting in a different, opposing set of months/seasons than we did in 2007. Challenges will run Feburary, April, June, August (where the theme will undoubtedly certain around my birthday, heh...), October, and December.

Players can take the extra time to rest and re-charge. And me, Mat, and Kevin can take a deep breath and spend a little time pondering how to make improvements to serve our lovely UWOL community in the upcoming year.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM   #2
Trustee

Hey Meryem:

Thank you so much for everything. The UWOL experience has been "life changing" shall we say? Here I am logging on late into the evening (for me anyway, farm life is early!) thinking I for certain missed the sign up deadline again.... I don't have a good radar as to when the sign up thread begins. So it goes to show how important this is becoming... you got me up out of bed from a good book to see if I've missed the deadline! Shame on you! Perhaps a heads up email for sign up thread in 2008? Nah, remembering the sign up thread separates the "men from the boys" so to speak... we are tough, the participants of UWOL are we not?

During the hiatus... so it not to be construed as smooging the founder/judge of the contest, come visit the farm! You have a 6 year old (?) that just might enjoy a goat and chicken or two...

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Wrangler

that would be lovely, Cat, thanks for the offer...after all these months of virtual contact!

just FYI, every theme announcement comes on the first of the month that we play. So I try to put the sign-up thread up one week in advance...so I'll put it up on Wednesday of this week. I know how time can slip away. More than once, I've pulled my head out of my regularly scheduled work, and suddenly, it's sign-up time all over again.

Which, of course, makes me wonder if 6x/year is too many? Any thoughts/opinions on that? I'm good with it, but I don't want to burn out the regular players.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
Which, of course, makes me wonder if 6x/year is too many? Any thoughts/opinions on that? I'm good with it, but I don't want to burn out the regular players.
Every second month is ok by me. In fact the uwol-challenge has inspired me to get more out of my wildlifefilming. I've already been planning next years filmprojects with 6x/challenge in mind.
I will also asume that we will get several new players by having this regularity for the challenge.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:01 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
6x/year is perfect for me.
So I hope we continue with that number.
It's a good idea to change the months we have the challenge next year too.
Do this every 2nd year?
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Meryem,

the change in month is great, next year i can do one in October our most exillerating time of year with wildlife here!!

6 times a year is just right, it keeps my mind on my video more, givers me inspiration to get out more, and for me practice doing things i do not normally do, like organize, prepare and present!!!

Look forward to the last one of the year.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge