DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #6 Theme Announcement...Take Your Best Shot! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/107004-uwol-6-theme-announcement-take-your-best-shot.html)

Meryem Ersoz November 1st, 2007 05:57 AM

UWOL #6 Theme Announcement...Take Your Best Shot!

Ok gang, as the curtain draws on the conclusion of our first year of The UWOL Challenge, I'm drawing the curtain on all of you. As nature and outdoor shooters, you're spoiled rotten with easy access to the largest and most flexible light source in the galaxy, our fabulous sun. You've all grown soft, bathed in its perfect glory! Well, no more. You are going to have to work for your light in your cameras this time because our final theme of the year is...

NIGHT

You are going to have to pierce the veil in any unique and original way that you can think of...flashlights, campfires, on-camera lights, leftover pumpkins, candles (just don't burn anything down, we've had enough of that this year....). Your mission: find out the ways that the NIGHT is alive and bring them back to us here.

How are we defining night: The sun is down already, and 50 per cent or more of the light has faded from the sky (use your judgment here a bit, it's ok....), anything from twilight into say, about half an hour before the sun peeks over your horizon is fair game.

That cushy thing that you've grown used to, where you get to rest your weary head on a soft pillow and drool up on it for eight hours is over, at least for the next 3 weeks--wake up, get out there, and shoot something!

Deadline is November 19, anywhere in the world!

More instructions, as usual, will be forthcoming in e-mail, as soon as I get all your sign-ups collated. Best of luck to all players, old and new.

Advantage: Norwegians! And Brian! who are getting extra shoot time for this theme, yes?...

Burak Erginer November 1st, 2007 06:07 AM

Night?

What a challenge!

David Gemmell November 1st, 2007 06:19 AM

Just a few short words.....

MERYEM, HOW COULD YOU!!!

Josh Chesarek November 1st, 2007 06:23 AM

Oh I think this is going to be fun :)

Gordon Hoffman November 1st, 2007 06:31 AM

Perfect!

Gordon Hoffman

Josh Chesarek November 1st, 2007 06:33 AM

Awesome :) I like the night.... this is going to be fun :)

Per Johan Naesje November 1st, 2007 06:36 AM

Meryem... ...I could't imagine night should be the theme when I told Paul to go out in the night... ...what I theme... ...I have to sit down and think hard on this one... ...hmmmmm

Mat Thompson November 1st, 2007 06:46 AM

Well I didn't see that one coming !!!! ;-)

John Dennis Robertson November 1st, 2007 06:51 AM

I tried to shoot video only once in a dimly lit room,and a combination of my cam and my lack of skill sucked.Therefore I have never bothered to try and film at night.This will be a steep learning curve and some carefull thinking on how to pull something halfr decent out of the box.

Rob Evans November 1st, 2007 06:55 AM

Great ;-) Good luck all!!!

Markus Nord November 1st, 2007 07:06 AM

Yeah! Thanks Meryem, I can go diving again! :)

I already got a solid story… how about that for knowing the theme for 5 minutes...

best of luck to ya all

Markus Nord

Meryem Ersoz November 1st, 2007 07:22 AM

glad you could catch a break this time, markus. go sweden! maybe now's a good time for some of you to attempt the "Under Water" portion of our Challenge...

Trond Saetre November 1st, 2007 09:22 AM

NIGHT, I knew it would be a spectacular theme, but who could imagine NIGHT?

The ideas are coming... the hard part will be to turn them into a storyline.

GOOD LUCK to everyone!! We will need it this time.

Brian McKay November 1st, 2007 10:40 AM

Night....she said Night. Your a crazy women completely out of your mind. What the heck do I do with that theme...leave on the lens cover and shoot for 3 minutes?

Just kidding, the wheels are turning slow mind you but turning.

Nice thing about up here is I can sleep in untill 9:00 or 9:30 and still shoot at night or leave the office at 3:00 in the afternoon and again it will be night. Now to find something to point the camera at.

Brian

Meryem Ersoz November 1st, 2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McKay (Post 768429)
Your a crazy women completely out of your mind.

awww, brian, it was so sweet of you to notice!

snicker, snicker...