DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Oslo mini UWOL reunion picture? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/107949-oslo-mini-uwol-reunion-picture.html)

Catherine Russell November 14th, 2007 11:43 AM

Oslo mini UWOL reunion picture?

Hei Norwegian UWOL friends:

How fun and exciting that you 3 are meeting up in Oslo tomorrow evening! What is the occasion again? I haven't sifted through the entire 12 pages of Tales of Wonder and Woe to glean how that all came about.

If you have a chance, how about taking a picture of the 3 of you together and posting it for us to share? That would be wonderful for us to "join in" in that way!

Looking forward to it.

Cat

Geir Inge November 14th, 2007 12:02 PM

Hi Catherine.
Well, it's just that Per Johan lives in Oslo and both Trond and I do visit Oslo this weekend, so we're invited by Per Johan to watch some of his splended wildlife videos :)
I've been so lucky to borrow a meeting room at Nathional organizasion of youth clubs, where I am a member of the board.
I'll bring my still camera and post picture from the gathering :)

Geir Inge

Mat Thompson November 14th, 2007 02:37 PM

Good idea cat.....it will be nice to see the team Norway all together :-)

Per Johan Naesje November 14th, 2007 03:38 PM

Yepp, we gonna bring out some pics of this meeting for sure! I'm looking forward to this, Trond and I have never meet in person.

Tonight I was screening some of my wildlife-videos in my local Wildlife Photo Club with great success. Big and wild Brown Bears always seem to be a big wow to the audience :-)

Catherine Russell November 14th, 2007 07:14 PM

Splendid!

If you can also have a higher res version that you can email me, I'd print it out and put it on my wall in the office. UWOL Team Norway ... I'd be thrilled!

Per, bears are always a big hit and the footage you have is incredible. But this challenge, I may have a bit of footage myself that is some brave shooting. It might even rival your bears and musk ox! Yup... really brave stuff but I guess we all expect to lay it all on the line for UWOL. What could this be you ask? Well I won't give it totally away but it was about the size of large domestic cat, black with a white stripe. It's butt was unflatteringly facing the camera with the tail up and ready ... I was only 3 feet away shooting the film. Like I said, pretty brave shooting ;-) !

Have fun tomorrow evening!

Cat

Trond Saetre November 15th, 2007 04:11 AM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the meeting of the Norwegian UWOL team.
Tomorrow evening will be great.

Catherine, sounds like you have an interesting project going on.
I'm looking forward to see what you and everyone are coming up with this round.

Per Johan Naesje November 16th, 2007 06:03 PM

Pics from the meeting

4 Attachment(s)
Tonight Geir Inge, Trond and his sister Trude and me meet in Oslo. It was very nice meeting. I was screening some of my wildlifefilms in full HD and Trond brought with him a DVD of old Vikings establishment who had been rebuild the way the Vikings did it.
We was talking about several topics of the uwol challence. But first of all it was very nice to meet good friends and colleagues.

Below is some pictures from the happening:
top left: Geir Inge
top right: Trond
bottom left: Trond's sister Trude
bottom right: 3 UWOL-Vikings

All pics by Per Johan

Kevin Railsback November 16th, 2007 06:05 PM

Whoa, Trude is a cutey. :)
I'm a poet and didn't know it. :)

Glad you guys were all able to get together. Hope more of us can meet up in the future!

Trond Saetre November 17th, 2007 04:05 AM

Good morning everyone.
Yes the meeting was awesome! We had a great evening.
The bear film Per Johan showed us was state of the art.
I hope he will get a chance to sell it, because it really let you see and especially to hear the wild bears in a way I have never seen on any national or international tv before.

Very nice to get together and talk about "anything and everything", and of course to finally meet each other in person.
It will definitely not be the last time.

Geir Inge and Per Johan, thank you for a great meeting of UWOL Team Norway.

Mat Thompson November 17th, 2007 04:06 AM

Great stuff guys.

Nice to know uwolers get to meet in real life too! Aren't you guys all XLh1'ers as well.... Well hopefully someday we can do a Team-Earth uwol picture huh!

Trond Saetre November 17th, 2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat Thompson (Post 776960)
Aren't you guys all XLh1'ers as well.... Well hopefully someday we can do a Team-Earth uwol picture huh!

In an optimal dreamworld, I would have an XLH1 as Per Johan and Geir Inge have, but until then, I use my Canon XM2.

And yes, we absolutely HAVE TO do a Team-Earth uwol picture!
Can't wait for the international meeting.

Catherine Russell November 17th, 2007 09:45 AM

Wonderful! I love the team-Norway photo! Is there a way we can grab a higher resolution version so we can print it out and hang it up? I'd love to have this up in my office.

I never knew Vikings were so handsome (incuding Trude)! ;-).

Thank you!

Cat

Geir Inge November 17th, 2007 10:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm back home from Oslo and just wanna say thank you for a wonderful time together with Trude, Trond and Per Johan.
Wish I hadn't been so tired though :) over 30h without sleep is no good when meeting good friends.
How ever PJ's bear film blew away my sleepyness and it was great to watch. Also Trond's Viking film.
Here's two of my pictures from the gathering.
Maybe we'll have a meeting when spring arrives and the Puffins are coming in from the sea, at Runde?

Pictures:
All four of us from the left is Per Johan, Geir Inge, Trond and Trude.
I had to put one of Per Johan and say thank you for the gift.
He gave both Trond and me a DVD from his Finland Bear adventure.

Geir Inge

Trond Saetre November 17th, 2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir Inge (Post 777071)
I'm back home from Oslo and just wanna say thank you for a wonderful time together with Trude, Trond and Per Johan.
Wish I hadn't been so tired though :) over 30h without sleep is no good when meeting good friends.

Maybe we'll have a meeting when spring arrives and the Puffins are coming in from the sea, at Runde?

Hope you got some sleep when you came back home.
And a meeting at Runde, I'm all up for it. Would have been great.

Per Johan:
Thank you very much for the DVD! We watched it as soon as we came back home to my brother last night, and again this morning.

Meryem Ersoz November 17th, 2007 12:17 PM

Team Earth! I like that...maybe it belongs in our slogan contest thread, in some form.

Team Viking is certainly a good-looking lot! we should get our UWOL World Tour going sooner than later. What are good seasons to visit Norway....? I think we need to start there....